Where did you get your love for LV?

Feb 7, 2013
I really got into LV in law school. All the most beautiful and classy girls carried them. When I look at tPF, I can see that that is still true!

No one in my family really understood my love for designer bags and jewelry. I remember my sister actually getting MAD when my mom bought me my first LV, a pochette. She was saying how ugly it was and that it was only for people who were snobs.

Now however, she is into them and scrambling to catch up to a collection I took awhile to build!:weird:

Hmmm I'm not sure I could pinpoint the exact moment when I first started loving LV. I've always been into fashion and brands, and since LV is so iconic, I remember just always being aware that it was high fashion and expensive and iconic.

I got my first bag out of my grandma's closet when I was 15. I remember being in awe of finding an LV bag in there, and when she told me I could have it, I thought she was kidding. She gave me two other little LV pieces, as well as some Fendi and Gucci. That was really when the true love began.

After that, I had a friend who would get LV from her parents in high school, and I distinctly remember she got the mono Insolite and mono Neverfull when it first came out. Her mom also got the fuchsia perfo Speedy. I was not familiar with any LV styles at the time. I only knew what the Speedy was because my mom's best friend identified it for me when I brought it home. (As an aside, that really shows the true test of time of these bags. I had never even seen a Speedy before and I chose it out of a few other LV bags that my grandma had because I thought it looked young and fresh and classic. I remember thinking the other bags looked dated and like "old lady bags.") I do remember making decisive opinions on the bags my friend had without having seen them before, and that was really when I began forming opinions about LV as a whole. Like I had other friends that carried fake white MC bags, and to this day I only like MC in black and in SLGs. I also had friends carry fake Cerises bags and that has also sort of turned me off from that collection.

Sometime last year I got it into my head that I was going to get the Neverfull I had been longing for since high school.... and I did this past November! I also had the Insolite on my wish list, but since seeing the black MC Zippy I've changed my mind.

I got into LV in my mid 20's. I had always bought purses that were "cute" but they were inexpensive and quite frankly, didn't last very long. Most would fall apart after a few months, if that. I wanted to see what all the hype was about, and found a small piece that I liked (the pochette twin), so I decided to get that. I still remember feeling almost sick when I turned my debit card over to the SA to ring me up. I couldn't believe I was forking over $400 for a BAG...but I got past the sticker shock ;) Hehehehe...

I saw the multicolor speedy on a magazine. The collaboration with Takeshi murakami brought me to LV. Though I never made it on the waitlist for that bag but I got a mono speedy instead and it all started from then.

I started working around the corner from my boutique around Christmas 2011. I became fascinated with the store and one day walked in there and it was love at first sight. I also started reading a lot about the history and craftsmanship and it only snowballed from there. I am seriously so passionate about the brand now.

When I was 16 and a sophomore in high school. I was really into fashion, and all the Elle magazines I collected had these gorgeous Louis Vuitton bags...Cherry Blossom, Eye Love You, and all the other gorgeous Murakami designs. Oh and the Multicolor! I loved them all. I wasn't able to actually afford one until I was 20 and got the DE Speedy 30. After that my obsession was fully on! :biggrin:

My love for LV is quite knew!

I live in Argentina where 99% of the LV you see is horribly fake, most of the people don't even know what it is, and there used to be only one little LV store here (which closed down recently because of import restrictions:tdown:). Still, since I travel and I belong to an "upper class" I always knew and appreciated LV.

I always said that I would like to have just ONE handbag (didn't even know which style, I hadn't ever even entered an LV store), I just liked the monogram ones.

But the truth was that in the past I would have never dared to spend so much money on anything for me. I've always been quite a succesful businesswoman but I've dedicated all of my earnings and my time to my children and (my now EX) husband.

Three years ago I had breast cancer and, after going through all the treatments, I made radical changes in my life as you realize life isn't eternal, and you gotta enjoy it as much as you can.

Some of the changes included thinking a bit more about me, and my kids really support me with that. So I also started travelling with my three children a lot more (since I reeeaaallly enjoy it) and it was a year ago, in London that we walked by an LV store and my kids said "Hey mom, you've always wanted and LV, why don't you get one? It's something that you should get, let's get inside". So we went in and they almost forced me to buy my first LV (Monogram Neverfull GM) and I honestly felt sooo bad for spending so much money on myself that for a week I didn't even take it out from it's dustbag..

But then I slowly started using it until it became my everyday bag, and you know what they say "It's a one way trip"... Now I LOVE LV and every now and then I buy something for myself:smile: I have now even got a wishlist!!:giggles:

Jessica Simpson. no exciting story here...i was obsessed with watching "newlyweds" when it first came out and when she carried her multicolor speedy everywhere, even on a camping trip..i thought to myself "wow that bag even make camping look glamorous" when it was laying in the tent.

I live in Argentina where 99% of the LV you see is horribly fake, most of the people don't even know what it is, and there used to be only one little LV store here (which closed down recently because of import restrictions:tdown:). Still, since I travel and I belong to an "upper class" I always knew and appreciated LV.

I always said that I would like to have just ONE handbag (didn't even know which style, I hadn't ever even entered an LV store), I just liked the monogram ones.

But the truth was that in the past I would have never dared to spend so much money on anything for me. I've always been quite a succesful businesswoman but I've dedicated all of my earnings and my time to my children and (my now EX) husband.

Three years ago I had breast cancer and, after going through all the treatments, I made radical changes in my life as you realize life isn't eternal, and you gotta enjoy it as much as you can.

Some of the changes included thinking a bit more about me, and my kids really support me with that. So I also started travelling with my three children a lot more (since I reeeaaallly enjoy it) and it was a year ago, in London that we walked by an LV store and my kids said "Hey mom, you've always wanted and LV, why don't you get one? It's something that you should get, let's get inside". So we went in and they almost forced me to buy my first LV (Monogram Neverfull GM) and I honestly felt sooo bad for spending so much money on myself that for a week I didn't even take it out from it's dustbag..

But then I slowly started using it until it became my everyday bag, and you know what they say "It's a one way trip"... Now I LOVE LV and every now and then I buy something for myself:smile: I have now even got a wishlist!!:giggles:

good for you and i hope youre in good health now.

This story made me cry some. Life is so short. I hope you are better now.

I was in Las Vegas, Nevada last year for the ///Mfest event with my boyfriend to participate in the drag races, auto cross around the track and see what the vendors had to offer. Surprisingly they had a raffle and were giving away car packages, paint jobs, tires, wheels, and Louis Vuitton goodies. I did not win a LV handbag but instead won free wheels. At that moment is when I fell in love with LV and sold those wheels to buy my first monogram handbag. :biggrin:

I have had an on and off relationship with LV for some yeeeeears. My aunt gave me her mini bag. It was a circle and very small. It was equivalent to the size of a pochette but circular. Does anyone remember the name? This was in the late 80s. I held on that bag tight. I even slept with up under my pillow lol. My mom took it from me because all of the girls were complaining about it at school and it was causing a disruption!! Wtf?!

After that I think my mom (my mom has NEVER been into designer anything) gave it away because i never saw it again. :sad:

I bought my first pouchette in '99 and i paid about 135 for it lol. My next bag was a gucci tote. After that I bought a mini speedy (cant remember the name). I think I paid like $200. Afterwards, i got into Chloe Saddlebags, and then Fendi, and then back to Gucci lol, and then JC bags lol. Let's not forget Coach. Then i bought a epi noe.

My bf then bought me a 30 DA speedy for $630 lol and then a PM NF for $500 lol from Saks in San Antonio. I then went back to Gucci.

Now Im back to LV looking for my next victim! Hahaha I am all over the place when it comes to bags.

Last edited: