Where did you buy your first H bag?

Howdy Everybody!:flowers: I've fallen in love with the Birkin and finding out how tricky it can be to get a hold of one, am debating whether I should just take the plunge on Fleabay or some other reseller.

I'm thinking the first time should always be in a Boutique, no matter how long the wait & hubby agrees but the handbag addict in me says let's blow our yearly bag budget ASAP for the sake of instant gratification.

Does it matter where you get it first when you're an H virgin? Do you think it will be less special if you don't go the boutique route?

Looking back, if I could do it all over again, I think it's almost better to get a pre-loved Birkin for the first one. Most likely you'll get a great deal, and you won't be as nervous about getting it knocked around, etc.

After you've added a few to your collection, it's kind of nice to go into the boutique knowing your stuff and knowing exactly what you want (leather, size, hardware, etc.) when you're ready to plunk down that cold hard cash (often 10k plus) for your purchase.

Just a though :yes:

Looking back, if I could do it all over again, I think it's almost better to get a pre-loved Birkin for the first one. Most likely you'll get a great deal, and you won't be as nervous about getting it knocked around, etc.

After you've added a few to your collection, it's kind of nice to go into the boutique knowing your stuff and knowing exactly what you want (leather, size, hardware, etc.) when you're ready to plunk down that cold hard cash (often 10k plus) for your purchase.

Just a though :yes:

Thanks, Haute Couturess. That was a very thoughtful and unique take on the issue. I'm a girl that likes to be prepared so I appreciate such insight. Also, I do plan on using my Birkin as an everyday, knock-around workhorse so pre-loved doesn't seem like such a big deal now.

After a little search on ebay, I realized a 35cm in standard leather (togo, clemence, epsom, etc.) can run about 5K above retail brand new:wtf: (that's lots of scarves and couple LV's I would have to give up if I went that route:P).