Where did you buy your first H bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I Got My H In The Shops At River Side Square Mall

2. My orange 40 is from Madison Avenue..........they summon you downstairs to a private area!

3. Mine came from the boutique (Wall Street), but I would buy a used or vintage bag on ebay now that I know tpf ladies can authenticate it for me - I do trust them VERY much. I think it makes little sense to buy new on ebay or from resellers in general unless one is looking for the rare - even then, one must be prepared to pay a fierce premium to get it.

4. Waaahhh... :crybaby: So sweet! Mr PP you sound like a perfect husband!

Do you have any brohters? :graucho:

5. I got mine from an H store in France. my opinion is that that's the only way I know100% that it is authentic.

6. All 3 of mine came from the store at King of Prussia.

7. I think a few people would agree with me that Sandiaexchange and Kaleidoplace are fantastic, reliable, reputable and completely trustworthy sellers with excellent stock. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

8. The first ( a bunch) came from relatives, then I PAID for one at a Hermes Barneys store,in the 1990's

9. K.O.P is great!

10. In alphabetical order, not purchase order:
    Bond,
    Madison,
    SF,
    Wall
    I highly recommend each of them!!

I haven't yet gone the reseller route yet - but thanks to TPF and my own observations, I would be happy to buy from sandiaexchange or kaleidoplace! They both appear totally honest, respectable and fair. In the limited communications I have had with both, they answered my emails ultra fast - and like all of my SAs, promised to keep me posted if they receive something they think I will want. And, like my SAs, they do!

For all new bags - H store only!!! I would never pay the ridiculous premiums. Although I would make a VERY FAIR offer if they had exactly what I wanted at that particular moment. If they say yes - cool! If they say no, they will have to find someone else to sell the bag to...

11. My first Hermes bag is my Birkin which came from MightKismet. The reason I went that route is that I have no Hermes boutique nearby and Debra had a bag with the exact specs that I wanted. I've carried that bag for four years now and have brought it to several Hermes boutiques where it is always fawned over.

Of my other 8 Hermes bags all but one were purchased at Hermes San Francisco. Some even over the phone. I do love the experience of purchasing directly from a boutique as it is a very special experience.

12. My first H bag came from the boutique but it wasn't a birkin. Regardless, I truly adore it to this day.

Unfortunately the overall experience wasn't exemplary as the SA who helped me was a bit lacking in matters. Thankfully that was my only unsavory experience and every visit since then has been absolutely spectacular!

I say do whatever means works for you. I realize that logistically a boutique route may not be a feasible option for some members. But ultimately it's the end result that counts - which is a happy customer! Good luck.

13. 2 other brothers spoiled_brat but they wouldn't get that lobotomy I got before getting married...so it may be useless! LOL!! Thanks...you're a sweetie! Mr. PP:tup::tup:

14. my first H bag (birkin) came from the FSH 3 years ago!

15. I agree, if all our DH's were like petpringles, working so hard to get his wife those birkins!!! My husband usually is a good sport about my H obsession, but not so excited to go out and actually FIND them for me... LOL!

Now, back to the topic---my first bag (in my avatar) purchased at Hermes Montreal. Subsequent bags from Wall Street, NY.

Although I can understand going the reseller route (especially for gently-used bags), for me as yet, I enjoy shopping at the boutique too much, and for the most part, don't mind waiting for what I want (it gives me time to save up for the next big purchase!).