Where can I sell my 45 000dollar ring?

I'm afraid that a ring for that price is going to be a hard to sell item.
I have no idea where you could go to sell this for anything close to its value.
Best of luck in your search!

Reactions: 880
Can you return it to the jeweler who sold it to you?

Is the stones especially noteworthy, or the maker? If so,you can try consigning to an auction house or estate jeweler.

There are a few online consignment shops with good reputations, as well as online markets if you want to try to sell it yourself

I really don’t know anything about the ring or what is the source of its value, but based on my experience in buying and selling and remaking jewelry, you can probably expect to get about 10% of the appraised value

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: bubablu and RT1
Jewelry is very difficult to sell unless it is an in demand designer and you are willing to take a huge loss. Many appraisals inflate the " value" 2 to 3 times what it actually sells at retail cost for and then you are unlikely to get more than 1/2 of what you actually paid for it in most cases.

You are better off keeping the diamond and repurposing the diamond for something else.

If they can be returned or exchanged with the jeweler for a new bracelet or earrings at no cost, you will likely be better off than the substantial loss you will incur selling on your own.

Many people do NOT want to wear a ring that was from a relationship that "went bad" or has ended even if it was on favorable terms. Also since many rings can only be sized up or down 1 or 2 sizes it limits the number of buyers who are willing to purchase unless they want a brand new setting.

I’m so sorry :hugs:

I agree that your best options are to sell to a jeweller (ideally the one the ring was bought from as they will give you the best price) or repurpose the stone(s) into a new piece that you will wear and not associate with your engagement.

• Love
Reactions: Hurrem1001 and RT1
Hi and thanks for all your answers

I'm not interested in keeping it as it is or to make something else out of it. I would rather use the money when I'm buying a new house.

I have had some offers on it, but not more than 50% of what it was worth as new

• Love
Reactions: bubablu and RT1
im so sorry your wedding was cancelled.
ITA with this quote above and with the rest of the post re estate jewelry.
if it’s a branded item like Cartier or VCA perhaps a reseller site like fashionphile or AFF.

It's a couple of years since the wedding was canceled so I'm ok and I have moved on :smile:

The ring is from Ritani, and no they can't take it back.

I'm from Norway and we don't really have many stores selling rings like that, and not many people are buying expensive rings like that either. So I'm thinking I have to try to sell it abroad where the marked is bigger. The problem is I don't know where to start. I don't know which store to contact, who I can talk to or where I can travel (after covid-19) to get it sold

• Love
Reactions: RT1
The only big name in reselling rings that comes to mind is I Do Now I Don't. I have never used this service, but they have gained a lot of traction with social media advertising and promo appearances on reality shows. As others have said, the chances of you getting anywhere near that appraised value are pretty much zero. The ring will be a sunk cost, but hopefully not your sunk cost. If it was a gift, the sale price is really all profit for you, right?

The only big name in reselling rings that comes to mind is I Do Now I Don't. I have never used this service, but they have gained a lot of traction with social media advertising and promo appearances on reality shows. As others have said, the chances of you getting anywhere near that appraised value are pretty much zero. The ring will be a sunk cost, but hopefully not your sunk cost. If it was a gift, the sale price is really all profit for you, right?

And yes, it will be profit for my anyway, but as I guess everyone else would I would like to get as much as possible out of it :smile:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and RT1
Hi and thanks for all your answers

I'm not interested in keeping it as it is or to make something else out of it. I would rather use the money when I'm buying a new house.

I have had some offers on it, but not more than 50% of what it was worth as new
If they have offered you 50% of the appraised value without any commission fees involved, I would go for that before they change their mind...

Last edited:
At least here in here in the US, appraised values are very inflated. Sometime 2-3x higher than the amount paid. So there is usually a big discrepancy in the appraised value vs. the amount paid, especially if the appraisal was provided by the jewelry store that sold you the piece. If you are able to get 50% of the amount paid, that is actually quite good. I'd suggest you take it. GL