where can I get security tags?

redskater

bags,books & Kitties
O.G.
Jan 2, 2008
on the golf course!
Hi, I really don't need hundreds, but where can I get some for my bags? Any suggestions, I tried tyvek, but they sold them by 1000. Yikes. I wish I had that many bags!

thatgurl

Shopping Squad Prez
O.G.
Jul 10, 2007
On the farm in North Carolina
Many of the seller's I see shipping with "security tags" are merely zip ties with their name on a piece of paper attached to the zip tie. They weren't white, most of them used a funky color (orange, yellow, etc).

You can find zip ties at any hardware store, Tractor Supply, probably even an auto parts store. Most of the time they are used to band hoses or wires together.

HTH!

jrw118

O.G.
Jul 22, 2008
There are sellers on ebay who sell the tyvek bands in smaller amounts. I bought 500 bands for $9.95 with free shipping. Even though I did not need that many either it was a good price. Mqake sure you include (in your return policy) that your return policy is null and void if the band is removed or tampered with.

LV Rawks

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Midwest USA
I have a Dymo label maker and I make my own. Since the labels are made on sticky paper, I stick the two sticky backs together. Or I make my own with some funky paper and write my ebay name on that. Then I seal it with shipping tape.

SpecialK

O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
Sorry for my ignorance. But what is the purpose of the security tags? To prevent the person from returning a different item if you accept returns?

SassyMcCool

Jul 6, 2008
Hi Ladies!!

What a GREAT idea to use security tags.

In case anyone needs some, my Husband is bringing me a very large manila envelope full of these tomorrow and I will be very happy to share. Please PM me if you want some. As a token of appreciation for all the valuable info that my fellow PFers have given me, I will share and pay the postage.

One great idea my Darlin' Husband had was to emboss the tags with a symbol. (heating the emblem of a tie clip and pressing it into the plastic so it is unique stamp on a very plain tag with no other distinguishing marks)

LV Rawks

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Midwest USA
isn't that easy to remove though....?

i thought the point was that they couldn't swap out bags.
That is why I use special print paper or labels, so I will know that it has been tampered with. They can cut it off, but I will be able to tell by the way that I had it sealed. I always take a picture of the tag attached to the bag before I ship it, so I have that proof as well.