Where can I get black pencil pants?

carlarp

Sep 3, 2007
Hi,

I have been trying to find black pencil pants so I can wear my over the knee boots over them for something more stylish. Know where I can get some that are reasonably priced and look good? Any online store links appreciated. Thanks!

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
at the bottom of a cup of Jasmine Pearl
LOVE the new ones from Banana Republic. I've worn these with both casual wear and a very dressy tunic for evening. Also, GAP has a new line of black pants with different leg styles. I also wear my JCrew Minnie cropped pants under tall boots.

Closetstylista

Clic-Clac mad!
Dec 20, 2009
Anywhere but here
Vote from me for J Crew and especially for the Banana Republic 'Logan' fit trouser. I have a petite pair and liked them so much I got a regular pair to wear with heels.

kayti

Jan 21, 2010
IST
you could try mango (mango.com I think). They are cheap and when I don't want to spend a lot of money on a trend, they usually have a cheap version of what I'm looking for.

carlarp

Sep 3, 2007

carlarp

Sep 3, 2007
Also, what colors would you recommend to stick with - like the black and dark gray/char coal colors to wear with the black over the knee boots/slouch boots? Not too sure about a heather gray. Would the black boots be over kill with the lighter color?

Would a pair of chocolate brown boots with the heather lighter gray color work in any type of combination? What color of top to pair with the pants to help pull off the boots - yellow or off white sweater top and brownish patent belt?

Thanks - Carla

carlarp

Sep 3, 2007
If I could get some quick opinions about these from Express. I am leaning towards these (though not a true skinny pant) material, I think they could work and be flexible also for the spring as opposed to traditional skinny leggings. Not to mention, with sale coupon and buy 1 get 50% on another, it makes a good deal.

===> Your opinion on these???
http://www.express.com/editor-trous...=Interest&user_att_value=Email&Mrsaa=*&Mrsavf=*#

Plus, I just bought these Columnist pants the other day and they fit great and like the material. It allows me to shoot for something similar as opposed to the knit pants.

http://www.express.com/studio-stret...=Interest&user_att_value=Email&Mrsaa=*&Mrsavf=*

Do you think the ankle pants could work with my over the knee boots? Is the pocket in the back an issue with the flap? Or won't matter if I proceed with wearing a long cardigan or sweater? Please let me know as I would like to place an order if you think it could work.

Thank you! --- Carla

queennadine

loVe
O.G.
Dec 10, 2008
Check Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I usually find Anne Klein and Limited pants there all the time!

Last edited:

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
at the bottom of a cup of Jasmine Pearl
would these pants from Express work or do they need to be longer? I like that they are little more dressy than what I found on victoria secret.

Express:Editor Trouser Pant
http://www.express.com/editor-trous...&user_att_value=Email&Mrsaa=*&Mrsavf=*#jsLink

Victoria Secret: Pencil pant
http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/S...1287140173090&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true

Any opinion on these? I also like the look of the JCrew Minnie - those look nice too.
From personal experience, I don't care for the quality of the fabrics from either Express or VS. I think a black slim pant is such a classic, versatile staple that you should try to invest a little more and get something that's really going to look sharp and hold up over time. I can't tell you how well made the JC minnie pants are - and they will fit better than the Express. Also, the zipper is on the side so it makes a nice slim profile in the front! It's a different look - more of an Audrey Hepburn look. My SA and JCrew says that they can't keep the MInnie on the shelves.

ricky11

Jul 28, 2006
another vote for the jcrew minnie, i have a few pairs! i also have a great pair by elie tahari that i got super cheap at tjmaxx.

carlarp

Sep 3, 2007
I took a chance on the express editor pants with the over the knee boots. If they don't work out, will probably keep them for the spring as they can work nice with heels. Otherwise, I will order a pair of the minni pants from j crew. Thanks everyone!