Where can I find great deals too???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    Hi everyone. I was just wondering how certain sellers on Ebay are able to make any money on their items if in fact they are authentic? For instance, the seller "xxx" has an endless supply of Louboutins, Choos and Blahniks and I'm just wondering if anyone here has any idea about how she gets her merchandise? She's obviously not getting them from the manufacturer so maybe she has a connection as Neimans or Saks? Any insight? I would really like to know, thanks!

2. Somehow I think you know the answer.

3. Bags4Me: And what is the answer? I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Ann: The person you gave as an example doesn't have prices that are all that much less than retail. You can easily find Manolos and Jimmy Choos at places like Off Fifth or some nicer Nordstrom racks. Other designer stuff can often be found at places like Marshall's or TJ Maxx, but it usually requires quite a bit of hunting, and items aren't always in great condition (or real...you have to watch out).

4. I was wondering if she is infact naturalgasgirl cuz the post sounds an aweful lot like self promotion.

If the prices are close to retail then she probably buys them with points or with coupons. Saks is always doing the spend 3k and get $450, so maybe she uses that to try and make a buck? I dunno.

5. She probably is. Just joined today and this was her first post.

6. lol, duh. Don't mind me and my obliviousness.

7. For instance seller "____"...
    lol
    thats clever!

Sara- it is always good to air on the side of caution with newbies anyways so they don't feel unwelcome if it is infact not an advertisement. You did the right thing!

8. Hmm ... I can see why you'd be suspicious, but I honestly don't think this is naturalgasgirl. I've bought quite a lot from her over the past couple of years, and I have mentioned her on tPF in a couple of other subforums (particularly CL) when members ask about sellers of authentic items. She sells quite a lot, and I honestly don't think she'd risk her reputation by self-promoting on tPF (plus I don't think she needs to self-promote). JMHO, though.

As for where she gets her merchandise, no idea, but I will say, her prices aren't that much off retail. AND once a shoe sells out in the stores, her prices are that much more than retail (I know - I paid about 25% more for a pair of Miss Marples a few years ago. Ouch:Push:smile:

9. hey guys, how many ways and times do we have to keep asking you not to questions new users when there's ZERO proof they're advertising?
    Stop being so paranoid and just report it if it's questionable.

10. NGG most likely buys stuff when it's on sale; then she can list it at retail or slightly under for a profit.

11. Why on earth was my question the least bit suspicious? Did it ever dawn on any of you that people actually read these forums for a while before they one day want to post a thread and than have to register??? No, I wasn't "promoting" anyone. I was simply using that seller as a reference. I appreciate the benefit of the doubt some were willing to extend and for the others, you almost sound jealous.....

12. no, it's not jealously, it's being protective.

Now let's get back on topic:yes:

:back2topic:

Have you tried a search? People ask all the time about how Sellers get their merchandise.

13. #13 Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    :whiteflag:
    ann ... I truly apologize for implying that your post was the least bit suspicious. Welcome to the tPF! I know you might have your doubts, but this really is a very nice community.

ETA: I know Swanky suggested a search - you might try the CL subforum. If I'm not mistaken there was a thread on how sellers (including NGG) get their merchandise. All speculations of course!

14. Understandable. Thanks for the tip. I did a search and came across a few things... I think she gets her Louboutins at the stores and probably has a network of SAs she works with. I snatched up a few paris of CLs and Blahniks at the NM sale last week and she has the very same ones for sale, so she probably does the same thing in heavy volume. Mystery solved. Thanks for your help!

15. Sorry ann9999. Yes there are people who grow their business by developing relationships. Some sellers keep tabs on when boutiques are having sales and offer to take all their remaining inventory at the end of say a sales weekend. One person I spoke with told me he has a person assigned to scour newspaper and internet adds.

The mystery still for me are the highly reputable sellers who have balenciaga and bottega items from the coming season for a little discount off retail. How do they do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.