Where can I find a Fendi Zucca Spy with Braided Handles?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been searching around for my holy grail - a Fendi Zucca Spy with braided handles, preferrably in brown. I've wanted this bag for a while but didn't get it when it was available a couple of years ago. Nowadays, all the Zucca Spys are with the Tortoise handles which I don't fancy. I'm checking eBay and see only fakes of that model, and consignment stores offer no luck either. Is anyone able to help? TIA!

2. I am not sure what you mean. Most of FENDIs Zucca spy bags come with Tortuga Handles, not braided ones. The braided handle ones are usually Fake/replica bags, except those pictured below.

Here is a list of the Zucca bags FENDI has made. They still sell the Zucca/Nappa leather one with Tortuga handles in the FENDI shops.

http://pics.livejournal.com/fendi_spy_list/gallery/00008qhp

3. thanks for the response and the link. so the only zucca spy with braided handles is the metallic one?

i have noticed that all the zucca spys i can find on the internet seem to be fake. i've read on here that zucca spys were never made with braided handles. however, i do recall seeing zucca spys with braided handles back in around 2007 at neiman marcus and other department stores. this was 3 years ago though... so my memory may be off.

i guess the title of my thread should be - "do authentic zucca spys with braided handles exist?" i'd really like to find out, so i can give up the hunt if they don't exist...

4. OP - if they are not in the photos I showed, they don't exist. There are braided handles on Spy Bags that are made from other materials, like leather or cloth & there are Baby spy bags with zucca and braided handles...that is about it.....:smile:

I really like the tortuga handles, so maybe consider that. :nuts:

5. fefeluv.jpg I can say for sure they were made and do exist. I own one, I purchased it at the Fendi boutique in Houston,TX. Mine is the spy hobo, if I remember correctly it was 1080.00 with tax. BTW, I bought it it late 2006. Hope this helps.

6. I was referring to a full size true Spy Bag (style 8BR511) and my link does show a few exceptions, like the hobo and baulotto baby spy. I believe OP was referring to a full size Spy bag 8BR511, and this does not exist in the brown nappa leather & zucca combo with braided handles. ;)