Where can i buy chanel sunglasses/eyeglasses online?

oh they are sold out here in Sydney Australia!
i believe they retail for $410AUD which is VERY cheap for Chanel sunnies... which explains why its all sold out everywhere. I was told theres a worldwide shortage for them, im not suprised as they are jusy TOO adorable.
I wouldnt trust online, but maybe your closest department stores or optometrist store that stocks Chanel.. give that a go.

Totally agree with you newii about the shortage! I know an optom that still has a pair of them in Melb, but they're probably gone by now. The girl at Myer told me that every 3-4 weeks they get more in, but they're all picked up within that day, even a couple of hours!

Totally agree with you newii about the shortage! I know an optom that still has a pair of them in Melb, but they're probably gone by now. The girl at Myer told me that every 3-4 weeks they get more in, but they're all picked up within that day, even a couple of hours!

i asked my Myer store in Sydney city and she said there was already a waiting list of over 25 people for it.. its just crazy!

Can you PM the name of that optom? I was asking for some to be put on hold at Bourke St Myer and they refused..yet someone rang up immediately afterwards and they held them for her! Grrr

^ I was on the Sydney Myer waiting list in late June and havent received a call from them.

After waiting about 6 weeks for them to call, I decided to give OPSM a buzz and the first store I called had them in stock. I doubt they would have any in stock as I understand they're on back order

^ Wow that's very lucky! Maybe I should call around. These ones were actually in store..staring at me from behind the glass...but I had to transfer money over the net so lost them :sad:

Can you PM the name of that optom? I was asking for some to be put on hold at Bourke St Myer and they refused..yet someone rang up immediately afterwards and they held them for her! Grrr

I PM'd you!
wow that is so annoying.

I rang up a few of the myers and they seem to be getting more stock in of the 5174 not sure about the 5171.
Northland, southland, bourke stock chanel's only (i think there was one more the SA said but I forgot).
I was so surprised that Chadstone stopped stocking chanel sunnies :confused1:

^ Wow that's very lucky! Maybe I should call around. These ones were actually in store..staring at me from behind the glass...but I had to transfer money over the net so lost them :sad:

Yeah I was quite lucky to get them. I;m not sure if it was a return as I noticed a small scratch about 2 weeks later (I didnt use it in those 2 weeks at all) but couldnt be bothered exchanging or returning them.

Hey girls! I was wondering if these Chanel sunglasses are authentic? (They look authentic though! But I could be wrong) They're simply gorgeous...

(The much bigger pictures are here)
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1546406

Their site is here btw:
http://rayban4all.lot.my/index.php?route=product/product&path=3929&product_id=16836

http://rayban4all.lot.my/index.php?route=product/product&path=3929&product_id=16837

http://rayban4all.lot.my/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=15754

Thanks in advance! :smile:

I'd be cautious about them. The seller mentioned they are selling grade AAA fake raybans so perhaps they are getting the Chanels from the same supplier

Hey Dimple! Thanks for answering my question! Yeaa I noticed the Ray Bans as well, I just dunno if the Chanel La Perle ones are what the seller claims they are...

However, I got banned so I had to re-register, which might explain this. I have no idea what I did, I just merely questioned the authenticity of those sunnies which I was interested in. I wasn't promoting weird links or anything, I swear! :sad:

I got hold of some with white bows!! How exciting. But the lenses are different to the ones with black bows (white is two-tone, black is a solid black). Is it meant to be that way?

The Chanel 5171 bow sunglasses are pretty much sold out everywhere in Australia. Everywhere i went they have at least 10 people who have ordered the sunglasses. Some places have up to 25 people on the waiting list.

Apparently Luxottica or whoever the supplier in Australia is, will not be sending in shipments of these sunglasses for the next 4 weeks. I am not sure why though, it was what i was told by the sales assistant who called up to order them for me. It will take from 6 to 12 weeks and that is a long time to wait on a waiting list!

The thing i'm worried about now, is that once everyone recieves their order, i think the whole of Australia is going to be wearing these sunglasses by the sounds of it. :lol:;)

Hi,

You are correct. The Black ones with the white bow have a gradient lighter lens, while the Black ones with the Black bow have the solid dark lenses. That is how they are mean't to be, so don't worry :smile:

I got hold of some with white bows!! How exciting. But the lenses are different to the ones with black bows (white is two-tone, black is a solid black). Is it meant to be that way?

I have been going crazy trying to find these chanel 5171 sunglasses in melbourne
Ive checked all chanel in aus and opsm lol
the only myer i checked is knox but they dont sell chanel
i want them i want them i want them :sad: lol

Last edited:
The Bourke St Myer apparently get them in every ~3 weeks. I've seen pairs occassionally at Southland Myer and Chadstone OPSM too. I think it's all about the luck of timing!!

ETA: Some David Jones stores stock Chanel glasses too..but I know the one in Melbourne has a ridiculously long waiting list for 5171s