Alexander Wang Where are the Donna Lovers?

sep

Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Nov 19, 2007
I'm new to AW but have been oogling the Donna for some time... I don't see a lot of Donna pics in the threads here and was wondering if there are any quality issues or if it is just a less popular style?

These are the 3 I like attached...

Thoughts?

Attachments

• AWangDonna.jpg
    AWangDonna.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 229
  • AWangDonnaLeopard.jpg
    AWangDonnaLeopard.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 209
  • AWangDonnaAllBlack.jpg
    AWangDonnaAllBlack.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 225
Thanks for the heads up! Is it more stiff? ALso do you know if the leather on the all black one is the same as the one with silver hw? I've only seen the one with silver hw irl...

I have a burgundy colored one and its super soft and smooshy leather. I have some photos up on the pics of your aw in action. The only thing for me is that the bag can have color transfer issues if you're not careful (of course I assume that if you got black or really dark color you wouldn't have this issue).

Be advised that the leather on that leopard Donna is completely different. It isn't soft at all.

This is true! I have the leopard Donna, and I love the bag (I love leopard). But the leather is rather thick and not very soft......I know I'm making it sound bad but it isn't. The leather on the solid colored Donnas is buttery soft.....to me they feel almost thin....but that makes for a good "hang" with the bag, the leather gives a bit....sorry if this isn't making any sense!

Here's a photo of my leopard Donna:

Attachments

• blue rocco 011.JPG
    blue rocco 011.JPG
    350.5 KB · Views: 181
DD101 said:
This is true! I have the leopard Donna, and I love the bag (I love leopard). But the leather is rather thick and not very soft......I know I'm making it sound bad but it isn't. The leather on the solid colored Donnas is buttery soft.....to me they feel almost thin....but that makes for a good "hang" with the bag, the leather gives a bit....sorry if this isn't making any sense!

Here's a photo of my leopard Donna:

Okay now you are making me want the black and the leopard! Your leopard Donna is beautiful! Do you find it goes with a lot or do you not wear it very often?

Okay now you are making me want the black and the leopard! Your leopard Donna is beautiful! Do you find it goes with a lot or do you not wear it very often?

OMG I love this bag! It goes with almost everything I wear.....I wear a lot of solid colors, and a lot of black and neutral colors. It looks great with black tall leather boots too, LOL!

The bag holds a lot and the zip top is easy to get in and out of. The leather is not soft, but to me, the look of the leopard far out weighs that. The only issue I had with this bag, was the top tied knot. The first time I carried this bag, the knot came out, just from having it on my shoulder. I found that retying it lower gave the knot staying power.

I carried this bag to work the other day, and got a lot of compliments. Then went to the mall afterwards and walked into Barneys, and the 2 SA's there just loved it and made a huge fuss about it.

I just think it's a cool bag.

OMG I love this bag! It goes with almost everything I wear.....I wear a lot of solid colors, and a lot of black and neutral colors. It looks great with black tall leather boots too, LOL!

The bag holds a lot and the zip top is easy to get in and out of. The leather is not soft, but to me, the look of the leopard far out weighs that. The only issue I had with this bag, was the top tied knot. The first time I carried this bag, the knot came out, just from having it on my shoulder. I found that retying it lower gave the knot staying power.

I carried this bag to work the other day, and got a lot of compliments. Then went to the mall afterwards and walked into Barneys, and the 2 SA's there just loved it and made a huge fuss about it.

I just think it's a cool bag.

Ok this is NOT helping! LOL! Yeah I love the look of the leopard one! Yours looks pretty soft in your photo! It doesn'tlook as smooshy as photos of theblack but it looks pretty soft to me... Is the loepard Donna your only Donna or do you have others in this style?

The leather on the leopard is not my favorite. I ordered it online without ever seeing it IRL and I was kind of shocked at the texture of it. I really don't know how to explain it. It is not stiff (as in unyielding) but sort of crisp/crunchy/hard. I was hoping it would be soft and smooshy but it is not. The texture makes keeping the knot tied a PITA. It makes that top part remain very broad and hard to keep on my shoulder (and I have broad shoulders). It is a fun bag but I don't carry it all that often.

Ok this is NOT helping! LOL! Yeah I love the look of the leopard one! Yours looks pretty soft in your photo! It doesn'tlook as smooshy as photos of theblack but it looks pretty soft to me... Is the loepard Donna your only Donna or do you have others in this style?

The leather is not stiff.....it does bend easy. The bag hangs nice. This is my only Donna, but I was just looking at them in Barneys. I want a black/brass one and they didn't have it. The leather is very different on the solid color ones, that leather is like moisturized skin, extremely soft and supple.....I don't know how else to describe it. But it is on the thin side, thinner than Balenciaga (if you know Bal).

On my leopard Donna, the very center part in the middle at the bottom is that very soft lambskin leather (the black part that the zip at bottom shows). The rest of the leather is tougher....it's smooth to the touch, but it did feel dry when I got it. I did moisturize it which helped, but the leather is not buttery soft. It's just a different kind of leather.