when's the best time to get sale winter clothes?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am thinking about saving up for a winter coat, maybe something from burberry and was wondering if u guys would know when the best time to get winter items on sale. thanks!

2. After Christmas. If I remember correctly it was after Christmas when I picked up one of mine on sale.

3. thanks!

4. yep.

january through march is when you get the best deals on FW clothes.

5. I love to hit the stores in the first couple of days after Christmas: I always get some great bargains.

6. after thanksgiving?

7. Yep, with the economy as bad as it is, I doubt very seriously if merchants will wait till after Christmas. They want those "for Christmas" dollars and they are sure to be competing.:nuts::yahoo:

8. I didn't think of that - but Thanksgiving should be good. Thanks for the tip!

9. Premium designers won't mark down coats that early I don't think . . .

10. I think after Christmas I bought two last year end of dec or you can checkout the outlets. Woodburry might have which be lesser than retail.

11. thanks for all these tips!!! i was looking at some jackets at bloomingdales and was wondering if anyone has ideas on their winter sale?

12. I really wouldn't plan on it until after Christmas. If it happens early then it'll be a pleasant surprise!
    They may have an outerwear event before that though, sign up for e-mail notifications.

13. The day after Cmas is my fav shopping day of the year.

14. ^same here :graucho: :heart:

15. Around January ... I always buy things this way ... can't fathom paying full price on just about anything