When your own initials are enough!

C_24

-Claus-
O.G.
May 26, 2007
A couple of days ago, I suddenly remembered BV`s slogan, "When your own Initials are enough". To me it represents perfectly what I feel about luxury, not being someone`s walking advertising space but having everything matching exactly your own personality.

Well, here`s what I`ve done. There is this service we offer at LV, which is called hot stamping, a process where you can have your initials or other letter combinations stamped into the leather parts of the bags and I went and asked my colleagues who do this to stamp the handles on my tote bag and here is what they did (a perfect job in my eyes!)

On one side I had my initials stamped, on the other my birth year!

Attachments

• BV_05_600x600_190KB.jpg
    BV_05_600x600_190KB.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 357
  • BV_06_600x600_190KB.jpg
    BV_06_600x600_190KB.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 437
  • BV_07_600x600_190KB.jpg
    BV_07_600x600_190KB.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 315
  • BV_08_600x600_190KB.jpg
    BV_08_600x600_190KB.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 331
wow C_24, that is so nice!! I recently had my luggage tag heatstamped there too. how lucky you get to have it on your BV!! and what a stunning blue hue it is!!

C_24 - First of all, your initials look very handsome, great idea!

BUT, I can not stop ogling your gorgeous BLUE intrecciato!! HELLO?! Color? It is my ultimate BV fantasy to own a perfect blue intrecciato bag! Though yours a bit lighter than I picture my *dream* bag, it is very beautiful especially against the brown handles.

The stamp is a wonderful idea! It kind of reminds me of getting a tattoo of a lover's name -- committing that the bag is all yours and you're not going to sell it at some point (not that you couldn't because it is a BV no matter what) = committing that you're in a permanent relationship with a significant other.

I like it a lot! Where can we have it done?

Thank you all for the compliments, everyone!

And thanks for pointing out my other thread, ms p, that clears up many questions concerning the color :smile:.

As far as I`m concerned, I don`t know of any other store that offers this service, but maybe, if you`re lucky and deal with a nice LV SA (I`d offer myself, but you all probably couldn`t ship your BVs to Europe to have it done here...), they`ll probably do it for you at their store? (We`re not allowed to do that actually, but rules, are made to break, huh? ;))

BTW, myindulgence, the blue isn`t actually as bright as it looks on the pic taken with flash (It`s not dark either, but more a medium blue with hints of petrol). The weather here`s been a catastrophe so far, so I couldn´t get any nice "In action" pic in daylight, but I will take one as soon as it gets better!

The hot stamping is gorgeous! I especially love the birth year! Wah... Makes me want to get a piece of BV just so I can hot stamp something! :rolleyes:

The last time a YSL craftsperson was in Singapore, I got him to hot stamp "Nymph" onto a piece of leather strip for me, which I use as a bookmark.

C - you're such a bad influence! :P