When you wash your face

HEART15

O.G.
Jan 14, 2006
in the morning & evening...how many times do you lather your face with face wash/soap? I usually lather twice but then afterwards my face is so dry and tight (even after moisturizing)...I wonder if I'm overdoing it. Does anyone only lather once in the a.m. as well as p.m.?

Last edited:
I only do once with soap in the shower, at night. I can't stand getting wet in the morning.

If I have to change makeup completely in the course of a day, then I wash with soap again, just lather once.

But if you feel dry and tight after soap, you should probably try using a cleanser, a clone of Cetaphil is the cheapest.

Soap is only for oily, oily skins. JLo-Glow, Citgo is calling for drilling rights oily.

I wash my face in the morning in the shower with Dove. I wash my face again in the evening with Dove. I lather up for at least 30 seconds because that's how long it takes to loosen all the makeup of the day off your face. Then I rinse 10 times. After that it is moisturise time. I actually sort of count.......

I am currently using CO Bigelow's Moisture Rich cleanser, and I lather only once in the morning in the shower, and then again in the evening when I get home from work, to remove my makeup. Your face shouldn't feel "stripped" after washing. I use a gentle toner afterwards (again, CO Bigelow Cucumber). My skin tends to be dry and I have mild rosacea.

I would try lathering once if I were you. Perhaps leave the lather on slightly longer if you feel you aren't getting your skin clean. You may also need to try a different cleanser and moisturizer if you still feel dry and tight after!

i wash my face once in the am w/ a cream cleanser. currently i use the garnier fructis detoxifies, i like that it leaves a tingly feeling but other than that i dont think it really does anything else. i only got this cleanser because it was on sale for $2 and wanted to try it. i wont be buying it again....and in the pm i use st. ives olive cleanser or the scrub (i like to alternate between the two). the cleanser cleans fairly well...it removes all my make up and the scrub exfoliates pretty well. i totally love the smell and i would recommend these two products for anyone who is looking for a good and inexpensive cleanser and scrub. they cost around $5 - $8 in drugstores and target or walmart.

Last edited:
i use st ives apricot scrub at night, tone with clinique 2, and then put on lots of clinique lotion. in the mornings i just rub my eyes with cold water and put lotion and sunblock on without washing the rest of my face. i have dry skin but not to the point of flaky.

Neutrogena Cream Cleanser or Neutrogena Visibly Even face wash in the evening.

In the morning I use Black Soap - it's basically an organic/herbal soap but it is not solid like regular soaps - more of a thicker cream consistency. my mom has it made for me - it's very common in Africa and is very good for skin. It lathers very well so I usually lather once in the morning and once at night.

LA is pretty dry compared to Atlanta so I often use a face cream - also provided by my mom - I think it's shea butter or something like that - we call it ori so I'm not sure.