when you travel, what do you do with your make up brushes?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just thought about this because I saw a thread on how to store them on here but I didn't want to hijack that thread. I just got back from a job interview and I made the mistake of just throwing my make up brushes in my regular make up bag....

well when i tried to use my blush brush the next morning, it was so deformed that I had to use a sponge. what do you do with your brushes? do you have a separate brush case? and if so, please share with me what kind you have!

2. I have a seperate brush case that I bought from Bobbi Brown a while ago. It is a long cylinder with buttons to close it. I also have a mini Bobbi Brown Brush set that I travel with. It is the perfect size for traveling.

3. I have a black roll-up brush bag from MAC. It's fairly light weight and depending on how many brushes you put it, you can roll it up rather snugly. I have to travel a lot because of where I go to school and this has been a life saver in keeping my brushes nice.

4. I am in the habit of using my Laura Mercier powder brush whenever I need a touch-up. I wrap the brush part with a tissue paper & I put it in the plastic wrap it comes with & put the whole thing in my cylindrical make-up case.

5. hmmm thanks for sharing everyone! I think I'll look into the MAC roll up case because some of my brushes are rather large like the MAC 187

6. I have a prada make up bag that I keep all my make up and brushes in. I take it traveling and it works fine.

7. A few years ago I bought a Mac travel kit that had several different brushes in the travel size.

8. ooooh! How many brushes does that Mac Roll Up case hold?

9. well gee, I just toss it in my travel makeup case with all my other makeup.

I have yet to mess up my brushes, but if and when I do..I will definitely get a brush case

10. I just toss my brushes into my makeup bag too. It all fits and my brushes don't get deformed.

11. I just counted mine all up for you. There are 18 little 'slots' to slid brushes into and there is also a larger zippered pocket on one side. Currently I have 24 brushes in mine, and I'm not even using up all of the little slots yet. I just combined my smaller brushes together in slots and let my big brushes hang out in their own individual one. :yes:

12. I have a makeup case that is shaped like a long tube. That is what I would use for my brushes when traveling so they don't get damaged.

13. I put my brushes in a zaiploc bag and stick it in my makeup bag. It works pretty well, because I don't have any giant fluffy brishes that get damged easily.