When you start buying $2,000 bags, do you

If you scale down the price range, I can answer this question. I haven't spent 2k or even 1k on a single bag so far. I'm a grad student living on a very tight budget. The expensive bags I do have cost more than some mortgages (in pittsburgh at least) so I feel obliged to use them fairly regularly so that I get my money's worth while still preserving their specialness. My beat around bags are canvas totes or thrift scores.

What about when it's raining or if you are going to a not so-flashy place? I can't stand carrying my pricier purses in the rain or with my kids or to the beach. Honestly, I have way too many high-end bags but I like carrying something I don't care about and I find stylish gals very chic when they don't care and buy what they like rather than a name. It's really cool when a fashionista carries a stylish but cheaper bag. Too much emphasis on the high end and ridiculously priced bags now. I think the luxury brands need to come back down to earth.
Seriously, when you meet your kids' teachers do you bring a Birkin? i've got em but my Apple Green one isn't sitting on the desk next to me- I know to each his own, just my 2 cents (that's left over from my bags :roflmfao:).

I normally carry high end bags the most. If I know it's going to rain I will carry a LV bag.

And I would carry a Birkin to meet a teacher. In fact, one of the teachers has a Birkin.

i only have 1 bag around the 2k mark and i take care of it like it's the queen of england. i use it for nice brunches/ special events only. but to be honest, i baby all of my bags - i love them all, no question.:love:

now, a more dangerous question for me is: now that i've spent around the 1k/2k mark for a bag, will i start spending that much on a regular basis? just a year ago i would NOT look at a bag unless it was less than a 100... i bought a kooba on ebay for super cheap this way, and found out 6 months later it was FAKE, and that disappointment was what pushed me to suck it up and start paying high-end money for high-end bags. but i've found it's become addicting and a feed-forward spiral :shame:

i'd rather carry my less expensive bags and break out my expensive one for special occasions. i don't like worrying about damaging my bags and i like to throw them around. also, i would hate to be caught in the rain with an expensive bag and have it ruined!

this is a hard one for me, because as my bags have gotten more expensive, my taste has also evolved/changed...so the bags i bought 2 years ago aren't really "my style" any more, which is a bigger reason for my not wearing them. but that said, i have a $2000 bag that i carry just as often as my $150 longchamps tote and my $300 cole haan bag :smile:

i do tend not to look at the lower-end bags as much....or if i do, i'm looking for bags that don't "look" like a specific designer (ie, coach, D&B, fiore, etc...). the other exception is that i'll pick up bags by indy designers regardless of cost. i like that they're unique. for a while there, i was becoming something of a brand snob....so i like picking up a bag every now and then that no one will recognize.

for me, i think it's a quality issue more than a 'cost' issue. now that i have nice bags, i won't carry crappy ones. but there are a lot of nice bags out there, in almost all price ranges.

It's all about the completing the outfit completing the outfit but I do tend to want to use my more expensive purses and starting to sell my less expensive ones. After all, that’s why I paid all that money for… to use them right?

Truthfully I own some expensive bags-the top at $1800-which was more than our mortgage when we had one, but I've never spent more than $775 to get them...that's my highest dollar expenditure so far because I always wait for a great sale. That said-I carry any I have unless it's raining. We buy them to enjoy them-not keep them in a dust bag!:yes:

First I wanted to say to ArmCandyLuvr way to go on the weight loss, wow. You have lost a lot of weight, may I ask how your doing it?? Well, for me I haven't boughten any 4 digit bags yet. Right now I only own one bag, an LV. I've sold my other ones I had and the last one I had left, which was a Coach backpack, I gave it to my mom because I wasn't using it and it was just sitting in the closet. It was practically brand new, I had only used it a few times.

I have yet to purchase a bag for 2k either but a few of my Balenciaga's have been over 1k.

I did start to sell my other bags but simply b/c I was no longer using them and had not used them for years- my Guccis, Prada, Fendi, etc... (After my career days using those bags, I started carrying diaper bags).

However, I went way overboard on Balenciaga and have since started to sell those as well. I have made myself sick with the amount of money I have been spending on bags :wtf:

That being said, of course I am still buying bags, but less expensive ones (for me). I just received 2 Hayden Harnett bags from the sale. Each bag was less than $200. They are both gorgeous, lightweight, and chic.

I did recently splurge on a brand new Magenta Bottega Veneta bag. I bought it on ebay from a fellow pfer and it is a stunning bag. It retails for over 1800 and I got it for less than half price :yahoo:

I also recently purchased (gosh what is wrong with me, why do I keep on buying so many bags when I am trying to sell my current stash????) a LeSport Sac bag. It was on sale for $20 (retail was $60). It's a very cute summer bag and I wear it when I feel like it. It's not like I won't wear it just b/c I paid $20 for it.