When you sell your LV....

paije

May 20, 2008
how much of a loss do you take...ie I paid $1400 each or so for my mono Alma and Ellipse in 2006, barely used either, they were gifts from my husband, but no big deal to sell them (he isn't fussed at all)...what's a reasonable price to sell for? I don't know if it's worth selling them as you take such a loss or do I figure there is no point keeping 2 bags I won't use so just sell for whatever I get? What would/do you do?

I'm in the process of selling off alot of my collection and re-purchasing more practical styles.....

i'd say dont sell unless you have to. I bought a bosphere pm off ebay and it was too small. idk why i thought it was bigger, but i went to resell it and it didnt sell. I say keep them. Or start low.

I don't *have* to as far as money goes but they have been just sitting there for so long, seems such a waste... ebay is SO unpredicatable that's the difficulty in starting low, I try to use buy it now, just not sure how much loss to take....

your going have to take at lest half. thats the problem. Like i'm not expert but i think if you do auction 500 is a good start. but also want if you sell it then you change your mind and wished you kept it.

right now *bay is such a crazy place to sell I would just keep it if you are not in need of the money. there's so many complaints regarding buyers who complain after receiving the item or buyers don't pay, not to mention listing problems.

I know what you mean. I just cleaned out my collection and although I didn't "have" to sell anything, I don't like having bags that aren't being carried - it's just so unfair to the bag! So I downsized my collection to make it more practical for me. I sold most everything to Fashionphile.com instead of doing eBay myself. I think eBay is a huge hassle and potentially risky. They gave me about 60-70% as a direct buy depending on the bag. All of my items were mint and barely used. They also offer consignment and you might stand to make a little more that way if you don't mind waiting. If you sell on eBay yourself, make sure to attach an authenticity tag since I hear more and more unfortunate stories that the buyer switches the bag and claims it is fake and wants a refund. And if you're not 100% sure about whether you might want to keep a bag, force yourself to carry it for a few days before you decide - you'd hate to have to rebuy a bag that you already had months or years down the road. Good luck!

I know what you mean. I just cleaned out my collection and although I didn't "have" to sell anything, I don't like having bags that aren't being carried - it's just so unfair to the bag! So I downsized my collection to make it more practical for me. I sold most everything to Fashionphile.com instead of doing eBay myself. I think eBay is a huge hassle and potentially risky. They gave me about 60-70% as a direct buy depending on the bag. All of my items were mint and barely used. They also offer consignment and you might stand to make a little more that way if you don't mind waiting. If you sell on eBay yourself, make sure to attach an authenticity tag since I hear more and more unfortunate stories that the buyer switches the bag and claims it is fake and wants a refund. And if you're not 100% sure about whether you might want to keep a bag, force yourself to carry it for a few days before you decide - you'd hate to have to rebuy a bag that you already had months or years down the road. Good luck!

i think thats good advice.

how much of a loss do you take...ie I paid $1400 each or so for my mono Alma and Ellipse in 2006, barely used either, they were gifts from my husband, but no big deal to sell them (he isn't fussed at all)...what's a reasonable price to sell for? I don't know if it's worth selling them as you take such a loss or do I figure there is no point keeping 2 bags I won't use so just sell for whatever I get? What would/do you do?

I'm in the process of selling off alot of my collection and re-purchasing more practical styles.....

1400$ EACH for an alma and an ellipse.... I think you paid too much to start with,
a monogram alma is only 1020$ now. and ellipse is only about 1120.

^ bag fetish ~ they were bought from LV - All LV costs more in Australia unfortunately....for example the Manhattan GM is $2810 here atm, and only about $2000 or so in the US from memory.

If I'm not using a bag, I'll sell it for what I can get.
My ebay auctions will start at about $3.99 and I let the market decide what the final selling price is.
I've never been disappointed either.