When you look at it this way... kind of depressing!

Liberte: wait where are you located? I just found out my car cost 3x the price in Singapore! I was SHOCKED -and ACTUALLY thought how many more Chanels you could buy with that, so it's funny you mentioned it. LOL
Scandinavia. ;) Of course, the currency here is very strong as well, but geez, the taxes are about 30% on cars. The prices on chanels are still the same though.

think this way: we have to buy/build a giant garage to fit 10 cars which cost tons of money on top of the cars; and 10 chanel bags take no space in your big walk-ins, and you dont have to pay insurance service repair gas...after you possess them.

You can use a Chanel bag for a lot longer than you can use a car - and a vintage Chanel is still worth more and way more stylish than a "vintage Civic" LOL

I don't think it's too depressing. I would rather have the Chanels at this time. I have an '07 truck. 8-10 Chanels would bring much more happiness & joy than would a new vehicle. :graucho:

Hey gals...if to compare in singapore, i guess i need to have at least 23 jumbo flaps to buy a cheap car (not even japanese car)!

Nothing to complain here....i guess everythin here is jus too expensive to own, even a property....LOLL

i just had this thought last few days...car is not a good investment once its out of the dealer the price go down.. ..and I think hey...bags is the only thing makes me happy..so i better buy bags and happy all the time. and also, plastic surgery is expensive now so better keep younger looking by doing what makes me happy :cutesy:

Note: Chanel price is a

The price of a medium caviar flap in Malaysia is RM8450 and for lambskin RM9210 which is way higher than a regular person's wage (well, most), so gotta be really in love with Chanel to purchase it, otherwise ????so much for a bag, just hits one's conscience whether this is ultimate extravagance. Though the price is 2/3 of my monthly salary and I can afford it, but still need to think a million times whether or not to buy it.

yeah i know :P
and i know that actually i can afford a car if i sell my bags, but i can't drive and i don't think i want to have a car yet.
so... i'd rather close my eyes and enjoy what i enjoy most now.

I had this realization when I was paying for my daughter's summer camp and it cost the same as some Chanel bags I've bought. It is very strange when you think of what you would normally spend $3000 for....