When you look at it this way... kind of depressing!

luvhautecouture

Chanelaholic
O.G.
Sep 18, 2007
I was in accounting class and my teacher was talking about hypothetically buying a car and estimated a Honda Civic costing $25,000...

As always my mind was thinking about Chanel, and right away I realized that that's the price of about 9-10 Jumbos!

It made the handbags seem really expensive! Like 10 purses, or one car...

I know this probably isn't an issue for most of you, but it was a big eye opener for me!! (yet I still am planning on getting a med flap hopefully soon!!)

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

loveaddict

me =love+shop addict
O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
H ~appines la la land
haha i dont know about other people here, but YES i have think about this A long long time ago...but not with chanel bags but with hermes...imagine that a civic is 25,000, u only can get birkin 35cm 3 pieces haha, and i just read an article bout a croco reissue chanel bag which is 26,000 hahahhahha its actually 1000 more ex than a normal car =) crazy? yeah we are living in a crazy world and i am still buying my chanels hahahha

janny328

<3's chanel
Jul 20, 2006
Los Angeles
OMG, it's okay... I completely had this thought the other day! It's kind of sad because the cost of a jumbo these days is more than some people's monthly mortgage payment.

OR given that some people will put 10k as a down payment on the average car, that's only like 3 Chanels. -Okay, I am not thinking about this anymore, it's making me second guess my purchases. LOL

janny328

<3's chanel
Jul 20, 2006
Los Angeles
haha i dont know about other people here, but YES i have think about this A long long time ago...but not with chanel bags but with hermes...imagine that a civic is 25,000, u only can get birkin 35cm 3 pieces haha, and i just read an article bout a croco reissue chanel bag which is 26,000 hahahhahha its actually 1000 more ex than a normal car =) crazy? yeah we are living in a crazy world and i am still buying my chanels hahahha
Actually, the cost of one civic isn't even enough for a 35cm croc birkin! If the thought of this wasn't bad enough :P

princessDD

~loving motherhood~
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
California
Yes I do think this way and vice versa. I tried to think to much of the realization of it all...depressing indeed.

loveaddict

me =love+shop addict
O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
H ~appines la la land
JANNNNY: I KNOWWW hahuahahauah i was going to write that but i dont think its proper becaue keep on mentioning hermes while this is chanel forum hahahahhahahah. YES and it is crazy =)

janny328

<3's chanel
Jul 20, 2006
Los Angeles
Liberte: wait where are you located? I just found out my car cost 3x the price in Singapore! I was SHOCKED -and ACTUALLY thought how many more Chanels you could buy with that, so it's funny you mentioned it. LOL

loveaddict: it's all relative! LOL, I don't mind if you mention H -but that might just be me! ;)