When you hear bad news...

USCgerl

O.G.
Nov 25, 2005
What do you do when you hear bad news over and over again? I'm in such a sad state and don't how to get out of it. I know this feeling will pass, but it hurts right now. Girls what do you do to make yourself feel better that doesn't $? I just feel like no one understands...

:sad2: :sad2: Ohhh, I'm sorry that you're in a slump. I have had those kinds of days too and know what they can be like. What I usually like to do is go running or work out. It gets those endorphins pumping and hopefully will put you in better spirits.

And not sure if you're religious or not but I know I always pray too. It helps me rely on someone else and to realize that I'm really not alone but enough of that. I don't want to push.

I hope you get over this feeling and plz feel free to PM me if you just need an ear!!! Hugs!

Reactions: USCgerl
I try to find something to look forward to, even if it is just my favorite TV show or a certain meal at a fast food restaurant!

I used to take days of rest where I would just relax and watch videos or whatever... mental health days. Of course now that I have a child, I won't be doing that again until my daughter is 18! lol

Reactions: USCgerl
Anything that takes your mind away from worrying... like I said, I find it relaxing to watch a favorite movie or something and just let my mind empty. It's funny how answers can come to you when you aren't looking for them! ;)

USCgerl said:
What do you do when you hear bad news over and over again? I'm in such a sad state and don't how to get out of it. I know this feeling will pass, but it hurts right now. Girls what do you do to make yourself feel better that doesn't $? I just feel like no one understands...

I'm sorry you're feeling down! :sad: *hugs*

When I'm feeling that way, I try to do things that I really enjoy. I put aside anything that's a pain (cleaning, household chores, errands, etc) and just focus on me :amuse: I run, listen to really loud music at home and dance around and sing at the top of my lungs, I curl up on my sofa with a glass of wine and a good book, or watch a funny movie with the bf - anything that puts me in good spirits, even if it's temporary.

I hope you feel better soon - PM me if you need anything! :nuts:

I am sorry you are going through this- I have felt that way myself, and one thing that really helped was doing something for someone else. When my dad was in hospice, my sister and I delivered meals on wheels together to other sick and elderly people. It felt so good to make other people smile that it ended up rubbing off on us. We had a blast, and it gave us a much needed break from our reality.

Please feel free to PM me if you need some support or need to vent. Sometimes that helps too!

I am sorry that you are going through this. When I seem to be down, I always have a good cry, it feels like it is releasing a lot of the sad/tough feelings I am having at the time. Then I like to go for a walk or a long drive (blasting my favorite music), read a book or watch a movie, take a long bath. Basically, anything that will put me more into a happy place.

Hello! I'm very sorry to hear that you're feeling blue. Life certainly has brought challenges for me recently but I got through them by doing things that I enjoy. I'm a huge animal lover so I like visiting animal shelters or pet stores (they always let me hold the animals and it's free). I love going to a park to people watch as well. If I'm not in the mood for going out but I feel sad, I'll take a long soak in the tub with a glass of wine and a good magazine/book. Flipping through old photo albums sometimes distracts me by bringing me to a happier time in my life. I hope that helps. Feel free to PM me as well. I'm all ears.

I go to sleep. After a good sleep, I feel refreshed.

It can be chocolates or a slice of cheesecake or even some "junk food". Whatever brings a smile to my face.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm going through a really rough time right now too. I've been working 60+ hours a week with lots of sucky things attached to it (like no overtime pay, just hourly rate) and a lot of things not going right in my life so I know what you mean. Hang in there.