When you go to the beach, do you go in the water?

Do you go in the water at the beach?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on my mood

• I prefer not to go to the beach

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I was younger and we lived on Kwajalein, I loved going in the water, so whenever we went to the beach and there was swimming involved, I was right there in the ocean.

These days, I don't go to the beach that often. And even if I did, just the idea of salt water in hair . . . . just no.

The last time I was at a beach was when my parents took me to St Maartens.

Throughout the trip, my dad kept telling me I should make a point of going into the ocean at least once, so one or two days before we left I walked out of our hotel room and down to the beach. As my dad watched from the balcony of our room, I waded in the ocean until the water got to my waist, turned around, spread my arms and said, "There! Are you happy?"

(I think there's a picture of me doing that somewhere.)

The only time on that trip I got my hair wet with ocean water was when I swam with dolphins. Their 'pool water' was just water piped in from the ocean.

I go into the water if its not too cold or too rough. The waves can get pretty big here in LA and sometimes if you hit a big wave, your bikini top doesn't stay in place... which can lead to an embarassing moment!

I'll only wade in up to my knees. That's it for me. Idk, I've alwasy felt that ocean water is dirty. :upsidedown: On the other hand, my little sister loves the beach and ocean. She'll dive and swim in the ocean all day.