When you carry a designer handbag, do you feel like you need a designer wallet etc. t

Ally1707

Sep 18, 2014
Hey guys, so I was wondering -- do you feel like your wallet, keychain, phone case etc have to be designer items as well when you're carrying a designer handbag?

I don't have any designer handbags yet but I'm interested in a Chloe Paraty and I guess I will be saving up for one after upgrading to the iPhone 6. Recently, I've been watching a lot of "what's in my bag" videos or looked at pinterest boards and more often than not people were also carrying designer wallets, keychains, expensive notebooks, pens, phone cases, make up bags...

Is that something that's important to you as well?!

Nope. I have very few 'designer' bags though and I almost never change out my wallet. I like what I like and use what I like and think that's likely most of the reason why some others have "designer wallets, keychains, expensive notebooks, pens, phone cases, make up bags". I think we all have and love favorite designers. Actually, it might be fun running down the list here; I'd love to read what others are using. Mine:

Bag: I'll go with my Gucci tote to fit here
Wallet: Alexander Wang Fumo wristlet in Raisin\
Card holder: small red See By Chloe zippered pouch
Keychain: Wolverine (X-Men) Stack-Em
Phone case: Purple LifeProof
Notebook: I don't carry this out all the time but a Little Twin Stars planner
Pen: Pilot Custom Heritage 91 (fountain pen)
Makeup bag: I don't carry makeup but I do keep sunscreen, hand cream and sanitiser in a Ziploc. I can keep 1 in every single bag I own and replace them at will. Love.

Oh, and the Chloe Paraty is so pretty! It's one of the bags on my wishlist too! :cool:

Last edited:
Yes. I buy my bags based on lasting power in terms of quality and style. So I wanted one wallet that goes with everything and has an equally long lifespan.

Not all of my SLGs are premium designer, but yes, they are all designer. I find that getting one expensive SLG stops me from buying multiple similar SLGs to go in different bags. One set of designer SLGs will work in all my bags. Most of my SLGs are LV and Longchamp, and my key chains, notebook are from Coach.

The only accessory I don't spend on is electronic SLGs, unless it's a generic pouch. Specially designer SLGs for electronics is a waste since they change every 2 years. So no fancy iPhone or iPad case for me. I did get an LV toiletry pouch 26 to use for my iPad instead. And it would fit any other electronic, like a kindle, with ease.

Not hugely important to me. I don't carry a lot with me, anyways. The items I like happen to be designer brands, anyways, but honestly I could be carrying a dirty home brand name in my bag and I wouldn't really care.

The only things I have in my bag usually are my Prada wallet, ray ban sunglasses and iphone 5. I don't carry a whole lot, but I don't go spending money on expensive SMALL things.

:thinking:Ultimately it's a matter of personal choice. In all reality, the only person who cares is you. Quite frankly, I'd be far more concerned that any stranger (perfect or otherwise) was paying that much attention
to my wallet.

:sneaky:

:thinking:Ultimately it's a matter of personal choice. In all reality, the only person who cares is you. Quite frankly, I'd be far more concerned that any stranger (perfect or otherwise) was paying that much attention
to my wallet.

:sneaky:

Good point.

I also understand OP's question. I noticed that SAs I've noted have always rated the taste of a customer by the wallet they carry rather than their bag :shrugs:

As for me. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I think what happened to me is that I couldn't justify buying any more bags so 'upgrading' my wallet became a new 'goal' (sad but true :P). I also needed different size wallets for some different bags, plus some wallets are so beautiful :biggrin:

The more money I don't waste on designer coin purses/makeup bags/key chains the more I have to spend on a bag. I carry the same $15 target makeup bag in both basic and fancy bags. I could afford a set of LV/prada/whatever accessories but I don't feel like if it's inside the bag and going to hold tissues and lip balm it needs to be fancy! What anyone thinks about this I don't know because no one ever commented :smile: although one time an SA at LV tried to sell me on a makeup bag.

I don't but really because everytime I go to purchase a designer wallet I end up buying another bag!! I use my patent coach wristlet in all my LV and my one Chanel.

+1
Coach makes cute and inexpensive mini skinnies, wristlets, wallets, and keychains. I can get a variety and won't break the bank. Also, I realized I don't like big wallets; I owned a few Coach wallets and after a short time, I always end up putting them away. So happy I didn't buy a LV Zippy wallet then figure that out. I may eventually buy a pouchette or toiletry pouch, when I find the right one...we shall see.

I love designer everything (shoes, bags, clothes, accessories) but other than two designer wallets (one Chanel I've had for 10 years and a Marc Jacobs one that I couldn't stand using), I don't have any designer SLGs. I have acquired a lot of inexpensive free pouches over the years so I am fine using them. I mean $300 for a card case is a bit much to me. And if my toiletries burst in the cheap pouch, I'm ok. I'd rather spend that $300 on a new dress, earrings, or shoes :smile:

good point.

I also understand op's question. I noticed that sas i've noted have always rated the taste of a customer by the wallet they carry rather than their bag :shrugs:

As for me. Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. I think what happened to me is that i couldn't justify buying any more bags so 'upgrading' my wallet became a new 'goal' (sad but true :P). I also needed different size wallets for some different bags, plus some wallets are so beautiful :d

This!

I have been looking for a long designer wallet. However, because wallets have to be functional and durable I've been having a hard time finding one I love. And as some of the other ladies have already stated when I save up the money I end up with another bag. Interesting question though!

I like owning high quality designer wallets that last long - I usually use one for a long time and use the same one with all my bags. I don't feel the need to match my wallet with my bag but I do like owning designer wallets that last because that's one less thing to worry about.