When you buy a new bag is it 100% LVOE...

Not always - I have returned items. I have made impulse purchases.

I feel like at this stage I am more careful as I really only want true investment pieces and there is often a waitlist anyway so the effort of obtaining the bags usually gives me the time I need to think. For example, all the waiting for the kusama yellow speedy resulted in a major let down when it arrived and as the bags were revealed, I knew they were not for me. It was promptly exchanged for a EE noir brea - a bag I could use everyday. It's not a bad thing to let the heart decide as long as the head knows when to step in.

Sometimes, no matter how much research and planning goes into it, once you get it in hand it just doesn't work. By then I'm usually bummed out all my planning was to no avail and my hopes were so high! Then I get very frustrated and go through a point of dissatisfaction with everything! But before you know it I am on a new bag to research lol!

Totally agree.

Actually, for me, the things that I end up loving the most and that turn out to be true long term love, I always start out not too crazy about. Not meaning I dislike them (of course, or I wouldn't have bought it) - but I am just uncertain of them at first until the love grows. This applies to everything from bags to my boyfriend :P

I'm always weary of the things I fall head over heels for immediately, as this has proven many times to just be infatuation that fades away! ;)

It happened to me once with Mahina Selene MM ~ I even tried it twice in store, but at home I realised it doesn't slouch nicely, so the bag went back to store. Our store doesn't have the return policy, so Then I had a high credit in store to spend in one year. I hated this!
Since then I think a lot what I buy.

I fall in and out of love with my bags all the time. When I get them I love them and then I don't use them and then months past, I use them again and I'm like I really love this bag. Plus I do put a lot of time into buying bags now.

Last edited:
I research, think & plan my purchases ahead of time, so far I haven't regretted any of my purchases so I will continue to be careful as I hate exchanging/returning specially when dealing with luxury items.

I try to do allot of research you tube, the purse form, and I visit the LV site. Years ago I was an implusive buyer but today I try not to be. First of all it's too expensive. But I did sell a bag that I loved at first (monogram speedy B 30) but the love started to wear off and she sat in my closet so I sold her and later I regretted selling her and I ended up buying her again. Now I am totally in love with this bag once again and she is never leaving my collection.