When Working from Home, Do You...

Personally I’ve seen it go both ways. People who show up wearing sweats and yes it’s obvious on the camera as well as full on suits as well as business casual.

some turn on the camera some don’t.

personally I don’t care but prior to covid, more than half of my meetings are via phone.

now it feels like people are 1) used to zoom and 2) a bit desperate for socializing with face so I find myself sending more zoom meetings and prior to the spikes setting up in person meetings.

one thing that I’m a bit annoyed about is PRIOR to covid people weren’t really doing the zoom, I mean it’s one reason google hangouts didn’t hit big and now we have team meets?!

I like the good ol’ meet once in a blue moon but for efficiency sake let’s chat via phone if we need to for times when email doesn’t suffice.

im not anti social but it just makes my work load easier to manage and is less draining as an introvert.

I don’t even bother anymore after just a month of working from home haha! Even when i did dress up, it business from the waist up and party waist down.

i dont even turn on my cam anymore, just give the excuse that turning it on would significantly lag my laptop, which is true majority of the time

I looked around a bit and decided to post here based on content of this thread...

Like many, I've been on WFH since March 2020--I started going in 1 day a week along with a few others but 90% of our HQ office is still 100% WFH. I hate the isolation of WFH...even though there's Zoom and I talk with people everyday it's just not the same as getting out into the world and being part of life.

Is anyone else tired of WFH? Anyone else feel this way? :flowers:

I looked around a bit and decided to post here based on content of this thread...

Like many, I've been on WFH since March 2020--I started going in 1 day a week along with a few others but 90% of our HQ office is still 100% WFH. I hate the isolation of WFH...even though there's Zoom and I talk with people everyday it's just not the same as getting out into the world and being part of life.

I have been WFH full time since March 2020. We are now being told to go into the office one day a week. I love WFH, I have built a great routine here, I have my office upstairs and I come downstairs for lunch and breaks. I am miserable at the idea of going back to the office. I don't want to commute or pay for parking. I don't feel the need to see my co-workers in person. I don't see why we should have to go to the office if our productivity has not suffered and mine has not.

I have been WFH full time since March 2020. We are now being told to go into the office one day a week. I love WFH, I have built a great routine here, I have my office upstairs and I come downstairs for lunch and breaks. I am miserable at the idea of going back to the office. I don't want to commute or pay for parking. I don't feel the need to see my co-workers in person. I don't see why we should have to go to the office if our productivity has not suffered and mine has not.
I feel the same way! Commute into the city takes 1.5 hours each way and transit is not cheap. What a waste of time and I can't believe we used to spend so much time a day in transit! The return to work/office reopening for the company has been put on pause due the Omicron wave but hopefully they reconsider having people return!

I feel the same way! Commute into the city takes 1.5 hours each way and transit is not cheap. What a waste of time and I can't believe we used to spend so much time a day in transit! The return to work/office reopening for the company has been put on pause due the Omicron wave but hopefully they reconsider having people return!

Same I am hoping at least provide a hybrid model. I get seeing people does have significance at the workplace. I do not miss having to pay $280 a month just for commuting by train.... not even counting the commute to the train station by car too. After all of this i have no idea how i even did it everyday for 5 days for so many years. Huge money sink.

Internal company zoom meetings (less than once weekly) no make up but I change from PJs to comfortable clothes (that probably resemble PJs lol). This is actually my daily attire lol. Zoom meetings w/ clients less makeup than prior to covid (mascara and lip gloss) and a dress top, but keep comfy bottoms on.

I’ve never really liked wfh but I like the option, I think everyone should be able to wfh if they want, especially if it leaves the office empty for me and all the snacks on regular order :smile:

but in all seriousness, commuting is a B. But also I understand office commodores type of desire especially when it’s happy hour after work.

I feel like with work it’s not check in check out, nothing wrong with it but I just prefer pockets of collaboration even if it’s indirect, well especially indirect.

Reactions: papertiger
Two years in and I soooooooo do not care anymore about physical presence and work. I don’t even bother to turn on my camera when they ask in large meetings. :rolleyes:

I do excellent work. I am leading and caring for my team. I am working long hours. This time remains a psychological drain so I’m not dressing up to appear in a Brady Bunch style video window to appease people who want to enforce the very silliest version of “face time.”

I would literally quit my job if my WFH status ever got snatched. Commute times, dry cleaning expense, lack of flexibility, etc. need to go the way of the do-do bird.

Leaders and workers need to develop new skill sets for an evolving world so they can lead and work productively without being in the same workspace. Global teams have done it for decades so no excuses. People who need socialization need to expand their personal lives and not create a “tax” in the workplace to get their fix.

Forcing people back into offices is akin to if companies forced us to write in cursive on paper in the 80’s because old guard leadership didn’t want / trust us to evolve and learn to use computers.:blah:

Last edited:
Two years in and I soooooooo do not care anymore about physical presence and work. I don’t even bother to turn on my camera when they ask in large meetings. :rolleyes:

I do excellent work. I am leading and caring for my team. I am working long hours. This time remains a psychological drain so I’m not dressing up to appear in a Brady Bunch style video window to appease people who want to enforce the very silliest version of “face time.”

I would literally quit my job if my WFH status ever got snatched. Commute times, dry cleaning expense, lack of flexibility, etc. need to go the way of the do-do bird.

Leaders and workers need to develop new skill sets for an evolving world so they can lead and work productively without being in the same workspace. Global teams have done it for decades so no excuses. People who need socialization need to expand their personal lives and not create a “tax” in the workplace to get their fix.

Forcing people back into offices is akin to if companies forced us to write in cursive on paper in the 80’s because old guard leadership didn’t want / trust us to evolve and learn to use computers.:blah:
I read somewhere that wfh highlights who got their job thru merit vs favor and that still rings true IMHO

I have this one guy. Can't spell. Accidentally books mtgs 1 month back. Has a hard time understanding a pivot table. And he has a college degree. Smh

• Wow
Reactions: Sparkletastic
I don't. I do my skincare and brush my hair and that's basically it. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to be a fully functional member of society wearing actual clothes again (thanks to the universe for knit dresses, they at least feel like yoga pants).

Every single one of my regular virtual meetings was quickly replaced by conference calls because everyone agreed that was sufficient (translation: nobody can be bothered).