When Working from Home, Do You...

When working from home, do you actually put on a full outfit AND makeup... because you still see your colleagues virtually (e.g. via Zoom or Teams)?

I have been mostly working from home since March of 2020. Honestly, I just wear whatever to attend my virtual meetings. Not that people will see anything below my neck anyway. Makeup? No, I am too lazy. My colleagues have known me for years that they have seen me with and without makeup :coolio:.

And, do you find yourself doing more retail therapy since working from home? I haven't bought any bags since December of 2020, but I have bought some clothes - blazers, pants etc. Sometimes, I ask myself - why did I buy them? I am not going to wear them anyway (not when I am working from home). I'll wear them when we are back to the office.

Yes, I do because it really helps me to feel productive! I don't always put on makeup as I really like myself without makeup - also outside the home - but I do make a point in doing my hair and putting on nice clothes! For the hair I really recommend the airwrap. In 3 Minutes you look like you got a blowout!

When working from home, do you actually put on a full outfit AND makeup... because you still see your colleagues virtually (e.g. via Zoom or Teams)?

I have been mostly working from home since March of 2020. Honestly, I just wear whatever to attend my virtual meetings. Not that people will see anything below my neck anyway. Makeup? No, I am too lazy. My colleagues have known me for years that they have seen me with and without makeup :coolio:.

And, do you find yourself doing more retail therapy since working from home? I haven't bought any bags since December of 2020, but I have bought some clothes - blazers, pants etc. Sometimes, I ask myself - why did I buy them? I am not going to wear them anyway (not when I am working from home). I'll wear them when we are back to the office.

I definitely do not dress up ever. Sometimes I wish I did but drinking my coffee in pjs and a robe is just too comfy lol. And I def have found myself spending way too much and at the randomest times of the day online shopping

Reactions: Capt_Longshanks
I definitely don’t do my makeup or wear business attire anymore. I did government work before, but now I work at a small tech company so we’re pulling the small tech company vibe by going to work in a t-shirt and sweatpants. This is also actually the BEST my skin has ever been and I feel super confident now, so I don’t wear much makeup in general anymore unless it’s a lip out on a date with my husband or some occasional eyeliner.

Reactions: Capt_Longshanks
I usually just go voice only and tell them, "sorry no visuals guys, my laptop's camera's been acting funny."
The next call I'd do it again and they'd be like, "your camera's still broken?" I'd be like, "Yes sorry 0:- ( "
After a couple of more times of this people will usually just accept that you prefer to present as a disembodied voice and nothing else.