When will you feel safe carrying your favorite bags again?

I haven’t used any of my real preciouses for a year outside but I’ve checked up on them.
I use my Stella McCartney tote a lot and I’m enjoying going bag free or using my hippy totes for short trips.

edit- I’m not really worried about crime or anything. I just feel a bit self-conscious about my spending when so many people are struggling.

The hand sanitizer leak is also a good point. I used to carry it before COVID in my celine and it never occurred to me before :shocked:

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyLouis
I think the quarantine went to my brain. I rarely use my “older” bags.. definitely in retirement.. instead I have bought a few new totes LV, FLP, to keep a few things in like hand wipes packet, masks, GG wristlet with my ID and cards. I live in LA and go to dinner once in awhile.. but it’s not relaxing and I feel uneasy. Staff masking, using hand wipes, etc. I never forget this virus is for real. I prefer to order in and sit outside until things get better. I do miss my lovies in the closet-but bringing them for simple errands feels pretentious to me. Many people are not doing well with the effects of quarantine, financial problems, and resultant sharp rise I homelessness which has never been higher in LA than now. Don’t want to invite crime.
Stay safe!

Attachments

• E6690C7E-E700-4145-94A1-39D60D05A0CF.jpeg
    E6690C7E-E700-4145-94A1-39D60D05A0CF.jpeg
    821.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Cheddar Cheese
I have fully switched from my Chanel to my Jansport backpack. Even though I feel more comfortable to wear my Chanel again I now prefer my Jansport for functionality and not having to worry about rain, putting it on the ground, etc. I have put my Love bracelet back on, wear watches again, and recently got a pair of diamond studs that I feel are low profile. Having insurance helps to give me some peace of mind.

Was going to break out an Evelyne this week. DH said do you really want to get sanatizer on your leather bags?
Sticking with my trusty nylon Tumis for a bit longer....

The more interesting bags are coming out of storage & decorating dressing room shelves.

I have always hand and religiously used hand sanitizer. Even before the pandemic, I never went without it so I have never been concerned about it getting on my bags or damaging them. Now that I am back in the office almost everyday, I have been carrying my favorite bags again. I haven't felt physically unsafe with them either, but would probably scale back if I did.

Depending where I am, or who I am with, dictates my bag.
If I’m out in the city with hubs or date night I’ll use my chanel or other brands
Alone and errands? Evelyne tpm or my mz Wallace crossbody