When will the small purses trend return?

Subbz

O.G.
May 21, 2011
I feel like the big bag trend has been taking a long time to fade away, I feel like the smaller bags (Dior Saddle, Fendi Baguette, those kind of bags) are much more elegant and stylish than the HUGE oversized tote bags we have these days.
Anyone share my feelings and waiting for the smaller purses trend to come back?

Although I am definitely not a fan of this style, cross-body bags are making a big come-back and most of those are small. But fortunately, most of the ridiculously oversized bags stopped a few years ago. I just wish we could get rid of the ridiculously long straps on so many bags now!

I don't know if it's something that will really change? I think a lot of people are carrying more nowadays especially with the new electronics coming out (tablets etc). Although maybe in some ways people have less bulk with them as their books and so much information can be on their tablet. I actually don't carry all that much with me and only have a smart phone but my bags are medium to large. That said it is nice to see a decent variety of sizes coming out.

I didn't really know that there was a "big bag trend"! I see everything clutches to large hobos in fashion magazines and on the street. I like being able to use whatever size of bag that suits my needs, whenever I please. I sometimes crave the carefree, chic feeling of only bringing along a dainty clutch- but then I also have times where I'll need to have a book or cardigan with me, which requires a larger bag.
I say that you should just use what makes you happy and embraces your style!

Oh I really hope it lasts. My usual, everyday size bag is usually 12X10X4. Smaller than that size and I don't think I can fit everything into it. I also don't like when a medium/small size bag is stuffed and one can see the contents bulging from it. What I do think is all bag sizes should be acceptably fashionable to accomodate all womens' needs.

Oh I really hope it lasts. My usual, everyday size bag is usually 12X10X4. Smaller than that size and I don't think I can fit everything into it. I also don't like when a medium/small size bag is stuffed and one can see the contents bulging from it. What I do think is all bag sizes should be acceptably fashionable to accomodate all womens' needs.

I absolutely agree :yes:

agree

**ditto**

I adore the style of Hermès' Victoria II. Still, carrying it myself (I am 5'8'' and a size 6 so not exactly petite), I find it too bulky.

So now I'm lusting for a Victoria Elan which imo is a good example for OP's initial posting. This bag is not just a smaller version of the "original". I find it more elegant and still roomy enough for everything I carry around.

Then again I am often amazed at what some people carry in their bags... but I usually travel very light, and people do have different needs :smile:.

I look at the small bags I was carrying a few years ago and wonder wth was that all about!?!? I am 5'7, and they look absolutely ridiculous to/on me now. Got rid of all of them except a small Fendi pochette that I use when I ride my bike.

Big bags all the way here--------and I still haven't met a strap that was too long. :P

I was waiting for small bags to return but now I realize they wouldn't work for me anymore. My current bags aren't huge (Speedy 25, Coach Hailey and similar sizes/styles) but they are full and it's all stuff I need. I don't want to go any larger because big bags look like luggage on me, but I can't go any smaller unless I want to carry a bag and a tote. I have a Kate Spade Tina that I used to use every day, and I'm now able to use it only at parties when I can leave 2/3s of my stuff at home.