When will the red Jumbos be in?

My SA at NM told me end of March. I thought I had ordered the lambskin, but I guess it was the caviar.

The confusion is that at the trunk show they featured a red lambskin in medium. NM only ordered the jumbo and medium in caviar. I asked my SA why they would show lambskin at the trunk show if NM didn't even order it, but she didn't have a response.

The problem with price is that the look books were printed before the price increase, but my SA at Chanel told me that when the bag was actually released it was going to be at the newer higher price.

So that's why I say if when you get the call that they are available and your SA honors the lookbook price then you will be VERY lucky because when they are released they will be at the increased price.:yes:

Good news! I just spoke with 3 different reps and they all confirmed the jumbo caviar will be $1850. The reason for the lower price is that the new chain doesn't have the leather woven into the straps (less work & materials). One SA even went as far as to say she'd guaranteee it will be $1850, and if it's not she'll still honor that price, that's how sure she was (from her mouth). :yes:

Good news! I just spoke with 3 different reps and they all confirmed the jumbo caviar will be $1850. The reason for the lower price is that the new chain doesn't have the leather woven into the straps (less work & materials). One SA even went as far as to say she'd guaranteee it will be $1850, and if it's not she'll still honor that price, that's how sure she was (from her mouth). :yes:

Wow, that's awesome! I've been planning on it being $2,350:sweatdrop: .

that makes me kinda scared if my SA really know what I want. Well but I remember she called me weeks ago about the red perforated and ask if I want that but I told her I don't and I only want the reb lambskin. I hope she still remembers :confused1:

speaking of that, I've been calling around for the green lambskin as well and Frederick from Nordstrom gave me a call telling me that the green lambskin has arrived. Luckily he emailed me a picture before sending it to me. Its the green perforated but I did confirm with him earlier that I want a regular lambskin. oh wells.. so I told him I will wait for the lambskin instead.

What stores did you call?

That's really good news! I wish we could get a definite DEFINITE answer though! Brendan at the boutique in NYC said $2250. When I called the Chanel 800 number, the woman on the phone also told me $2250 and that the $1850 price I asked about was the old price. ...Although, the Jumbo Caviars were never sold for $1850, correct? :shrugs: Unless that was to be the increased price in February and then they decided to increase the prices even more.

At any rate, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for this bag!!

I have a question regarding the medium for anyone who can help... so it's true that NM did order a red caviar in the medium? Does anyone know if this has the leather interwoven through the straps, and if the double chain handles are only for E/W and jumbo? I don't know if I should get the E/W (which I'm on the waitlist for!), or a medium caviar flap ahh! :smile:

-Minal