When was the last time a so black mini was released?

Mar 5, 2006
Since I'm still new to the Chanel world, I was just curious when the last time they released a mini in so black was? My SA mentioned when I bought mine on Thursday that she didn't remember ever seeing one since she had worked there....

Also, what was the leather/hardware combo on the last one? Before this season's calfskin/shiny black combo...

Thanks in advance to all of the Chanel experts!! :smile:

My so black chevron rectangular mini was purchased in may 2015. I'm not sure if there's been any since. This was in lambskin with shiny black hardware.

Mine was from spring 2015

View attachment 3639129

Thank you for the info!! I'm drooling over these pics!!! I guess that time around they only offered them in the chevron? I'm loving the versatility of the so black...I may need to hunt for a pre-loved square one, since I don't have a square mini yet!! Thanks again :smile:

The Chevron is the ONLY so black mini, along with seasons crumpled calfskin. All other prior versions never came in mini size.

Fav is 13S, the last lamb quilted version. This one had the matte black hardware.

Reactions: fashion_junky
The Chevron is the ONLY so black mini, along with seasons crumpled calfskin. All other prior versions never came in mini size.

Fav is 13S, the last lamb quilted version. This one had the matte black hardware.

Ah okay, what my SA said makes sense then (that she hadn't seen a so black mini before)...I guess she meant quilted. Thanks for the info! Have most previous versions been done in lambskin?

Ah okay, what my SA said makes sense then (that she hadn't seen a so black mini before)...I guess she meant quilted. Thanks for the info! Have most previous versions been done in lambskin?

All versions have been Lambskin except for the crumpled calf. First (non vintage) was 2011, came in Jumbo & M/L. 2012 and 2013 just Jumbo. 2014 was the Chevron lamb came in all sizes, as does the new crumpled lamb.

Reactions: fashion_junky