When trying to return my Delightful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

viacarolina2394

LV & Bal Obsessed
Aug 6, 2012
I realize today that I've used my Delightful maybe like 3 times and it really is in pristine condition with no patina, marks, scuffs, dirty marks, or NO sign of use. I was looking at my LV receipt and it says

"Return Policy: Same as Saks Fifth Avenue"

Since my bag was purchased at Saks, do I have the same return policy? Meaning, I bought my bag Jan 2, 2013 and I plan to try to return it this Friday (Feb 8, 2013) for an exchange to an MM (I have the PM). Will I be able to exchange?

Suppose you get "lucky" and they take it back and it gets resold to someone as a new bag. How would you like it if you found out you'd bought a used bag but at full retail and sold as new? Seriously, I would like to read the answer to this.

Even if it looks as new:
Can you tell what germs you exposed the bag to by your use of it? The scent you contributed to it unknowingly just by your body contact?

I am sorry that people feel entitled to trick retailers by returning used items.

Sooo everyone in here will probably hate me but I disagree! They have a return and exchange policy for a reason. If you are within your exchange time I would exchange it. It says resell condition. You have the right and try the bag and make an informed decision. If the store says no then it's a no. But why take a price cut on your end if you are within your exchange window. IMHO. Sorry if offend anyone.

Sooo everyone in here will probably hate me but I disagree! They have a return and exchange policy for a reason. If you are within your exchange time I would exchange it. It says resell condition. You have the right and try the bag and make an informed decision. If the store says no then it's a no. But why take a price cut on your end if you are within your exchange window. IMHO. Sorry if offend anyone.

+1 agree completely.

I realize today that I've used my Delightful maybe like 3 times and it really is in pristine condition with no patina, marks, scuffs, dirty marks, or NO sign of use. I was looking at my LV receipt and it says

Since my bag was purchased at Saks, do I have the same return policy? Meaning, I bought my bag Jan 2, 2013 and I plan to try to return it this Friday (Feb 8, 2013) for an exchange to an MM (I have the PM). Will I be able to exchange?

As far as I know the return policy is the same no matter where you buy it: 14 days to return, 30 to exchange.

I disagree with everyone as well, it is up to the store to decide whether the item is returnable or not. If they feel the item's condition is okay for return then just return. As to the next buyer who will be purchasing a "used" item, it will be up to the buyer to decide whether they want that particular bag or not upon inspection. Please keep in mind that LV does sell their display items as well if it is the last in stock. The buyer always have the right to request another bag if they feel the bag is not to their liking.

In your video you said you had the MM used it once and decided it was too big and exchanged it for the PM. Why do you not like the PM? You also said in the video that the PM gets a little dirty. Personally, I like all the sizes of the Delightful. But since you said in your video that the PM gets a little dirty, I don't think you should return it. JMO.

Let me use the analogy of "what is legal vs what is ethical"

Legal = saleable condition, Saks' policy

After using the bag 3x (!) I personally will not return it, I would feel guilty and IMHO not ethical.

Status
Not open for further replies.