When to escalate? International INR

Jan 10, 2012
1,275
4
UK
Not an eBay transaction but paid by Paypal so hopefully it's ok to post this here!

On 14th May I ordered an item from the US based website https://www.americanloveaffaironline.com/ and since then, my order has shown as 'Processing' and despite contacting their CS email twice, I have had no response. I am in the UK by the way.

I searched for reviews on the company and can see that a lot of people have not received items, nor any response from their CS. I emailed asking for a refund and had no reply.

Their Facebook page (now removed) has also had bad reviews posted...people waiting 3 months and not getting their items. I can only presume the company is no longer trading.

I opened a dispute in Paypal and surprise surprise, no reply from seller. It doesn't look like I am going to get my item...I just want a refund of my $92. However, as I am in the UK and this is an international sale I am wary of escalating sooner rather than later as I may look like a scammer and I know Paypal can just close peoples accounts for excess claims.

What are your thoughts? Should I just go ahead and escalate or should I give the seller more time?
 

uadjit

D.Va
Jul 21, 2011
4,526
125
Somewhere that's green
Not an eBay transaction but paid by Paypal so hopefully it's ok to post this here!

On 14th May I ordered an item from the US based website https://www.americanloveaffaironline.com/ and since then, my order has shown as 'Processing' and despite contacting their CS email twice, I have had no response. I am in the UK by the way.

I searched for reviews on the company and can see that a lot of people have not received items, nor any response from their CS. I emailed asking for a refund and had no reply.

Their Facebook page (now removed) has also had bad reviews posted...people waiting 3 months and not getting their items. I can only presume the company is no longer trading.

I opened a dispute in Paypal and surprise surprise, no reply from seller. It doesn't look like I am going to get my item...I just want a refund of my $92. However, as I am in the UK and this is an international sale I am wary of escalating sooner rather than later as I may look like a scammer and I know Paypal can just close peoples accounts for excess claims.

What are your thoughts? Should I just go ahead and escalate or should I give the seller more time?
Do you have a lot of claims other than this one? If so I might wait a while. If not I'd just escalate and include all that information about how they're not fulfilling their orders in the case notes. Or you could call PP and explain the situation on the phone.
 
Jan 10, 2012
1,275
4
UK
Do you have a lot of claims other than this one? If so I might wait a while. If not I'd just escalate and include all that information about how they're not fulfilling their orders in the case notes. Or you could call PP and explain the situation on the phone.
Hi there

Thanks for replying. I have no other Paypal claims but a fair few eBay buyer protection claims. I buy around 100 items a month as I am a reseller so my ratio of purchases to claims is pretty low overall.

Just paranoid!
 

uadjit

D.Va
Jul 21, 2011
4,526
125
Somewhere that's green
Hi there

Thanks for replying. I have no other Paypal claims but a fair few eBay buyer protection claims. I buy around 100 items a month as I am a reseller so my ratio of purchases to claims is pretty low overall.

Just paranoid!
I have a feeling you're going to have to escalate to get your money back eventually anyway. I'm not sure doing it sooner rather than later makes a difference in their score keeping but if you're worried you could wait a while, I guess. It doesn't hurt anything as long as you don't go past the deadline.

Personally, I'd call. Considering this merchant's history it's totally reasonable for you to be asking for your money back and I think a live person on the phone would probably agree.
 
Jan 10, 2012
1,275
4
UK
I have a feeling you're going to have to escalate to get your money back eventually anyway. I'm not sure doing it sooner rather than later makes a difference in their score keeping but if you're worried you could wait a while, I guess. It doesn't hurt anything as long as you don't go past the deadline.

Personally, I'd call. Considering this merchant's history it's totally reasonable for you to be asking for your money back and I think a live person on the phone would probably agree.
Thank you. I'll leave it a week from the date I opened the dispute and then escalate it. I'll give them a ring...hopefully I can find a number!
 

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
9,289
45
Michigan
www.nikitajade.etsy.com
i have a feeling you're going to have to escalate to get your money back eventually anyway. I'm not sure doing it sooner rather than later makes a difference in their score keeping but if you're worried you could wait a while, i guess. It doesn't hurt anything as long as you don't go past the deadline.

personally, i'd call. Considering this merchant's history it's totally reasonable for you to be asking for your money back and i think a live person on the phone would probably agree.
+1
 
Apr 15, 2007
62,877
6,229
I have a feeling you're going to have to escalate to get your money back eventually anyway. I'm not sure doing it sooner rather than later makes a difference in their score keeping but if you're worried you could wait a while, I guess. It doesn't hurt anything as long as you don't go past the deadline.

Personally, I'd call. Considering this merchant's history it's totally reasonable for you to be asking for your money back and I think a live person on the phone would probably agree.

I would not wait too much longer.. If you were given a date by Paypal
& you want to wait but with a history such as this, I'd call & put some
pressure on pp for a prompt refund
 
Jan 10, 2012
1,275
4
UK
Update: Surprise surprise, the seller did not respond. They have now had another complaint closed without their response on the BBB

I've escalated to a claim and they need to wait 10 days for seller to reply. I'm gonna give them a call when I get the chance

Thanks all

Avoid this company!
 

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
4,893
7,918
Update: Surprise surprise, the seller did not respond. They have now had another complaint closed without their response on the BBB

I've escalated to a claim and they need to wait 10 days for seller to reply. I'm gonna give them a call when I get the chance

Thanks all

Avoid this company!
Just an FYI ... the BBB is a joke. Companies can pay for good ratngs. Years ago it was a legit review source but with the advent of the internet they found a way to monetize their business by selling to the companies for higher ratings. I guess in your case a bad rating is reliably bad, but I wouldn't even bother checking them since even good ratings are now meaningless.
 
Last edited:
Jan 10, 2012
1,275
4
UK
Just an FYI ... the BBB is a joke. Companies can pay for good ratngs. Years ago it was a legit review source but with the advent of the internet they found a way to monetize their business by selling to the companies for higher ratings. I guess in your case a bad rating is riliably bad, but I wouldn't even bother checking them since even good ratings are now meaningless.
Thanks, I am in the UK and thought the BBB was reliable
 
Top