When to carry cloth?

1. Hello, I have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer for on Google. Does a cloth handbag (i.e., Fossil with a nice, thick, multiple-strand, braided leather handle and a heavyweight, textured, very light tan color cloth bag count as "straw"?? In other words, would it be appropriate to carry this bag during March in New York City? I realize I can do whatever I want, "I am woman" and all that. But what is the "rule" does anyone know? THANK YOU!

2. I think you know the answer, you're just not listening to your instinct. Usually cloth bags (cotton/canvas) are worn in hot weather or in the spring/summer seasons starting in April ( from your description of the bag, it sounds like a summer bag?) I don't know how the weather is in NY, I assume it's still cold and wet. So, I would wait alittle.....but of course it's up to you...if you feel comfortable wearing it now...go for it!

3. You're right. I suspected it might be a faux pas to carry it, but I was hoping against hope - LOL! Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice