When the RED carpet really belongs to ONE WOMAN and her STYLIST

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. "There are times-think 1997 and Nicole Kidman in chartreuse Dior-when the red carpet really belongs to one woman. And this year, Michelle Williams owned the spotlight with a soft, delicate look that also manages to be edgy, modern and completely fashion forward." - Entertainment Weekly 2007

Last year, it was Michelle with the marigold Vera Wang number and credit was given to her stylist Kate Young. This stylist is amazing! She works with Michelle, Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz. I think one reason why she is so sucessful is because she does not turn her clients into clones. She understands their style (defined as an individual's fingerprint on fashion) and enhances that innate quality that is so unique in these smart ladies.

Any other great stylists who are behind fashion icons to share?:yes:

Here's Kate and Michelle...:heart:

Attached Files:

2. I love.adore Patricia Field - her styling is a little crazy sometimes, but it's definitely unique and you always know when she's put something together. I most admire the way she can mix two different bold patterns and have the outfit come out looking quite chic. :tup:

I hate.loath Rachel Zoe - she only dresses women the way she would want to be dressed and she seems too fame-hungry; a good stylist should want the spotlight on her client and the clothes; Ms. Zoe wants the spotlight on herself :tdown:

3. Pics:

:yes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:nogood:

[​IMG]

4. Very nice pics of SJP!!:tup:Who else does Patricia style?

5. Because she designs clothes also, I think she only styles for television/film - right now she's working on Cashmere Mafia

6. Rachel Zoe is shaped like a 10 year old girl. Who would want her to dress them? all she does is drape her celebrites in top designer names. now who can't do that?

she gives all her clients a Chanel handbag and tell them to work with it. How hard is that really?

7. rachel zoe is so odd. Such a star f*cker! i ABSOLUTELY LOVE that michelle williams image - everything about her in that pic ... the dress, the colour, the hair, the make up ... so gorgeous.

8. yes

9. You wont believe that the gown was designed 2 weeks before the Oscars:nuts:
    Michelle really glows in that gown and looks lean but healthy:tup:

10. wow! that is amazing! i wouldnt have guessed that at all. She was so in love with Heath then too ... thats prob where the 'glow' comes from, hey? so sad ... :crybaby:

11. Yes, my heart goes out to you:crybaby::flowers:

12. ditto.

13. i found this from wikipedia
    In 2008 Zoe was reportedly dropped from her long time agency Magnet after insulting Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, Zoe reportedly said: "Anna Wintour is one of my heroes, but they say I'm more influential . . . As great as it is, Vogue won't change a designer's business. But if an unknown brand is worn by a certain person in a tabloid, it will be the biggest designer within a week."
    umm i highly doubt shes more influential than anna wintour.

14. tomato4 - she is hilarious ... she has said many many things similar to that ... she LOVES herself ... and not in a good way :yucky::nogood:

15. great thread!