when someone you know has a fake...

I actually believe some of the people who carry fake B-bags have no idea that their bag is a copy of an actual designer bag. They just think it's a cute style--they've never even heard of Balenciaga.

Nordstrom was selling "B-bag-inspired" bags last fall and even the SAs had no idea that Balenciaga existed and that the bag they were selling was a merely a copy of the real thing. Unbelievable!

omg maxmara is that your dog in your avatar?? i know it's totally off topic but soooo cute!

oh and ive only had one person recognize my bag here in san diego. i think unless you really know handbags people have no idea because it's not screaming 'hi im a designer bag' like ones with logos like chanel, LV, or dior, but thats definitely why i like it..oh, and ive never seen anyone else with a b-bag here..hmmm

When I see a super fake, I don't say anything unless they say something to me about indicating they think it is authentic. I don't want them to think it's real if they paid a lot of money for it esp if they can still get their money back. My husband will usually say something to me if it's an obvious fake. He gets a kick out of spotting those kind of things. lol. I'm not a fan of fakes. I'd rather carry the real thing. I understand some people aren't bothered by them, but I hate them and I hate the people who make and sell fakes passing them on as the real thing. It's dishonest and it usually costs a lot of unsuspecting people a lot of money. I say save up and buy the real thing. You'll have piece of mind and you can carry that bag with happiness and pride. :smile:

OMG so many new indonesians suddenly in the bbag subforum... HIIIIII bakaneko & seahorseinstripes *waves* :biggrin::amuse:

Onto the actual topic, I really don't care, people who carries fake either doesn't know or they know, can't afford the real thing, or simply just don't care enough. It doesn't bother me. I work hard to buy the real thing, and it makes me happy. The only thing that bothers me is when people tries to sell fake as the real thing and charge the real price to unsuspecting buyers! Now that makes me really angry :rant::mad::censor:

^^I totally agree with you. Another thing I hate though is when you are out somewhere and a total stranger comes up to you and starts freaking out about your bag. That part is nice, but then they say "How much did it cost? Is it real? Where did you get it? HOW MUCH DID IT COST???" That part is annoying because it's none of their business. So rude! This has happened to me twice in Vancouver and both times I've said "I don't know, it was a gift." ;)

hatikuh said:
Onto the actual topic, I really don't care, people who carries fake either doesn't know or they know, can't afford the real thing, or simply just don't care enough. It doesn't bother me. I work hard to buy the real thing, and it makes me happy. The only thing that bothers me is when people tries to sell fake as the real thing and charge the real price to unsuspecting buyers! Now that makes me really angry :rant::mad::censor:

i agree hatikuh-girl, that's the only thing that bothers me too :sad:

avery said:
^^I totally agree with you. Another thing I hate though is when you are out somewhere and a total stranger comes up to you and starts freaking out about your bag. That part is nice, but then they say "How much did it cost? Is it real? Where did you get it? HOW MUCH DID IT COST???" That part is annoying because it's none of their business. So rude! This has happened to me twice in Vancouver and both times I've said "I don't know, it was a gift." ;)

I hate it when people do that, but I've never had it happen to me with a stranger.. mostly my mom's friends... oh you know how it goes. :amuse:

There's this woman I always run into on my way to work, we're always waiting at the same stop... and from afar I noticed she had some really great handbags! Chanel, Chloe, Balenciaga, LV, etc... I had to admit I was a tad bit jealous of her, and then, one day I ended up walking behind her while she was carrying her Balenciaga black City.... total fake!!! So now, I'm so not jealous because I'd have to question all of her bags!

avery said:

Ugh I hate when people ask that. It is none of their business!! My younger cousin always asks how much my bags cost... and her mom, my aunt, always looks at me like I'm a total brat. I'll tell my cousin what brand they are but I always say I don't remember what it cost or say that my dad got it for me.

avery said:

i don't like it either if ppl ask me those questions. i too think it's kind of rude, but maybe to some ppl they are not. when i just got to know my husband's sister (before we got married), she didn't have a clue about designer bags prices and kept asking me how much each of my bags cost. i found it awkward, but now she's more into these fab bags too...(am i bad influence??)

i think it's a personal choice to use authentic or fake things. i only purchase bags from authorised retailers, but that's me.

here in ny there are tons and tons of fakes...the really bad ones are crinkled plastic in kind of a weekender style.. literally dozens of people in my school (fashion institute of technology no less) carry them...anyway i was once in class and listening to two girls talk about how great their bags are and they were like "who ever designed this is a genius..." i was like "uh..." and told them about balenciaga and the real ones and they played dumb but i don't know.... i just think its sad if you go to fashion school to not know these basics....
:sad: