When Santa delivers gifts, does he bring them wrapped or unwrapped?

baby&melovelv

i.am.sweet.melissa
Aug 20, 2006
I am surprised at how many of my friends' homes have unwrapped presents from Santa. We are a wrapped home. And Santa has his own special font when he writes on the name tags.

How 'bout you?

We wrap gifts in my home. My mother says if she's going to spend $$ for Christmas gifts, we're gonna need to work for them a little, lol. I can't imagine not wrapping Christmas gifts, it's how it's always been done in my family.

I had a classmate in HS whose parents didn't believe in wrapping Christmas gifts because they thought it was a waste of paper. On X-mas day their parents would simply hand them their gifts and move on with the day. :shrugs:

ETA: As a child all of my X-mas gifts always said from Mom, Dad and Santa, and they were always wrapped. Santa never recieved full credit in my home, lol.

Last edited:
when we were young my parents had us decorate some paper bags (picknsave, etc) and we would use those to wrap some gifts. it was cute. we always wrapped stuff tho, unless it was too big.
eta: i think we even wrapped each other's "santa" gifts and never noticed... but we also had gifts from elves, our pets, etc.

Last edited:
She's asking about Santa specific gifts I believe.

No, Santa doesn't bring wrapped gifts at our home. He delivers a few gifts unwrapped plus fills the stockings. This gives Mommy time to cook Christmas breakfast while they play w/ Santa's gifts.
Of course the rest of the gifts are wrapped :smile:

Oh, Santa delivers wrapped gifts to our home and fills the stockings. The paper Santa uses is always different from what mom and dad use, and the writing on the tags is different, too (obviously, it would have to be since Santa wrote it).

There is no waiting for gifts at our house. As soon as everyone is dragged out of bed the unwrapping fun begins! Only after that can mom move on to getting a big breakfast and cinnamon rolls ready while dad and the kids work on assembling things (especially those enormous Lego monstrosities that my children are so fond of).

Oh, Santa delivers wrapped gifts to our home and fills the stockings. The paper Santa uses is always different from what mom and dad use, and the writing on the tags is different, too (obviously, it would have to be since Santa wrote it).

There is no waiting for gifts at our house. As soon as everyone is dragged out of bed the unwrapping fun begins! Only after that can mom move on to getting a big breakfast and cinnamon rolls ready while dad and the kids work on assembling things (especially those enormous Lego monstrosities that my children are so fond of).

this sounds like 1. my exact christmas morning growing up and 2. what i do now!!! too fun!!!

when my daughter believed in santa, we always had 'santa's' gifts wrapped in 'his' own special wrapping paper. i always made sure i hid this wrapping paper so my daughter never found it and put two and two together. our gifts are always wrapped, but again, with different wrapping paper.

for us, i can't imagine not having any gifts wrapped—that's what makes it so exciting.

one year, 'santa' wrapped her gifts in how the grinch stole christmas wrapping paper. it was the coolest wrapping paper that i almost resented how 'santa' was always getting the credit for it. :pout::shame:

:shrugs: Santa always had the same wrapping paper and handwriting as mom...wow was I slow :P

Lol! When my son was younger he came up to me and asked for my signature. I thought it was funny so I signed the piece of paper he handed me. Later I found him comparing it to the tags from the gifts from Santa.

When my daughter was young..wrapped with different paper and a different signature.
I actually use a different paper still and print Santa...can't stop.:amuse:
She's 21..lol