when returning to elux, ups?, insure?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. what do you advise? first time return to elux. what do you rec.?

2. i would recommend to always have tracking number and insurance (for expensive items). if it gets lost or damaged during transit, you're covered.

3. I do UPS with the full value insured!

4. I have returned several things to elux and I use usps insured with del conf. In the past I have used fedex but when declaring the amount I have actually gotten an attitude from the clerk(2 different ones) about spending that much $$ on a bag!!!:cursing: As if it's any of their business!!!! Elux likes you to use fedex or ups but I have used usps for many things with no problems and no hassles for the amount. Fedex made me so uncomfortable that I refuse to go back!

5. I use USPS online click-n-ship service, no hassle at all. You can even get a free pick-up from your house by the mail guy.

I would use a flat-rate USPS shoe box if my package is over 4lbs and if the LV box fits in.
    Product: Priority Mail Box Flat Rate Box-O-FRB1

I don't insure my package and just hope for the best :P

6. do i need to ship it in the lv box? i can use a smaller box for shipping if i don't include the lv box... thanks everyone!

7. e lux has always sent me a return sticker and i just drop it off w/ fedex

8. they didn't send me one- i even called and asked and they said no!

9. That's weird. I got one for my last return.

10. okay- i did get a return sheet- with a return address sticker. however, as far as i can see, there's no prepaid postage. do i just bring the package, with that sticker on the box, to fedex and they'll take it? thanks!

11. Did you call up and get a return number?

I don't think there's return postage on the address label. When I called up and asked about returning a wallet, they credited me $8 for shipping it back.

12. I return to ELux via UPS, but I always, always, always insure the package for the full $ amount. I can't remember ever getting a return address label or a credit for return shipping.

13. thanks! the mono stephen is quite large. with the size and ins. it's going to be exp. to return, so i wanted to do it the most economical way! (more $ for other bags!) thanks again!

14. i did usps with tracking

15. thanks again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice