When LE becomes potentially permanent!

-Limited Editions are either one-shot or produced many times within a short period of time. They may or may not have a number which depends solely on how limited production is (often the one-shot ones will have a number because the are produced very little in quantity, ~about 100, instead of some LEs that have a total quantity of eg. ~1000). The extremely limited items may also even be restricted to certain countries/continents.

I was wondering about the above quote. When I inquired about how many bags were made to qualify for "limited," no SA can answer in any store. It seems that term is meant to be vague. I feel that "limited" means the store will make a certain amount and if it becomes in demand, more will be produced to increase profit levels. I don't feel this is right since customers are charged more for "limited" bags that may end up being produced in larger quantities. If an item were truly limited, why can't LV use the same procedures as artists. The total number of limited lithographs, for instance, is at the bottom and the numbered piece you buy is indicated on top: 201/500. What's wrong with that?? :confused1:

it's totally not cool for LV to re launch/re release Discountinued/LE items! LE should stay LE as they educated on SA & explain to clients. I really feel bad for those of use paid over the retail for Sophie (darn EVA), Inclusion Rose, Black, Yellow etc. It's almost like LV trying to counterfit itself after successful item...

I was wondering about the above quote. When I inquired about how many bags were made to qualify for "limited," no SA can answer in any store. It seems that term is meant to be vague. I feel that "limited" means the store will make a certain amount and if it becomes in demand, more will be produced to increase profit levels. I don't feel this is right since customers are charged more for "limited" bags that may end up being produced in larger quantities. If an item were truly limited, why can't LV use the same procedures as artists. The total number of limited lithographs, for instance, is at the bottom and the numbered piece you buy is indicated on top: 201/500. What's wrong with that?? :confused1:
Super exclusive LE do have numbers like some of the EYE line bags :yes:

The last LE numbered bag that I used to own is Tweedy. Since, the rest of the LE bags do not come with number anymore. Personally, I like my bag numbered. At least I would know that the quantity would not exceed a certain number. Why pay a premium for a mass produce?

I'm getting annoyed by the re-release of the Inclusion colors. I got them thinking I had something that was discontinued and now they keep coming out with them again. It was bad enough learning that the black was coming out again with the SAME colored stones as the old black but now a re-release of the old Rose and Yellow? This is really getting annoying. If anything, they should re-release the white w/colored stones and make them in bracelets and rings (instead of the transparent like they originally made). Or the Bleu in rings and bracelets.
I'm just glad I didn't pay over retail for the older colors I DID get.

-Limited Editions are either one-shot or produced many times within a short period of time. They may or may not have a number which depends solely on how limited production is (often the one-shot ones will have a number because the are produced very little in quantity, ~about 100, instead of some LEs that have a total quantity of eg. ~1000). The extremely limited items may also even be restricted to certain countries/continents.

I dunno if you were directing the quote at me since I wrote the above lol, but you're right. It's really easy for LV to stamp in a number out of the total produced, and I'd think that many of the customers would prefer this. However, LV doesn't... so I guess it's cuz they want to keep the doors open to make whatever item that was claimed to be LE to be re-released or part of the permanent collection.:shrugs:
As for paying more for LE.... I don't htink so. From the past, when LV did re-release an item (let it be seasonal or LE), the price has always been the same in value or more. Eg. the original LE MC speedy 30 retailed less than now. People only paid more because they did not anticipate that LV would release it, and thus the "desperation" or demand>supply factor drove people to buy at higher prices from other sources such as Ebay.

I'm getting annoyed by the re-release of the Inclusion colors. I got them thinking I had something that was discontinued and now they keep coming out with them again. It was bad enough learning that the black was coming out again with the SAME colored stones as the old black but now a re-release of the old Rose and Yellow? This is really getting annoying. If anything, they should re-release the white w/colored stones and make them in bracelets and rings (instead of the transparent like they originally made). Or the Bleu in rings and bracelets.
I'm just glad I didn't pay over retail for the older colors I DID get.

I totally agree! If something is discontinued, they shouldn't bring the exact same thing back. I think they started with the Teddy bear pins...and now Inclusions & heart coin purses. At least the hearts have different charms and are in different colors.

It really makes you think twice about paying a premium for LE/discontinued items :Push:

^Yup! I bought the teddy bear pins because they said they only re-released them to the NY flagship and the BH store...not sure how true that was but yeah. Needless to say I was surprised to see them again after having been discontinued for that amount of time.