When LE becomes potentially permanent!

Cecilia, I feel the same way! If I'm unable to get an LE item, I just move on and focus on something else.

LE should remain LE no matter what. No re-releases, no messing with people's perception of what LE means. It's like the story of the boy who cried wolf too many times and no one believed him when the wolf actually came. If LV cries LE so many times, and then re-releases an LE, we won't be coveting their LE items to the degree we do now.

Business is business, yes, but in this case, LV would make a serious misrepresentation of their LE products if they go back on their word.

hehe, glad to hear that we're on the same boat, Purse! lol

And VERY GOOD point about the boy who cried wolf (or should I say "the house that cried bags?" lol)

I don't neccessarily reissues are THAT bad though, if they are made differently somehow and are about as limited as the first batch, kind of like Hermes scarves being brought back years later.

I've got to disagree here CB is already 4 years old that is a long time in the fashion world but it is still a very highly counterfeited bag. Conterfeit is based strongly on suppply & demand so the fact they are still selling them would mean that it has already stood the test of time

Yes, Label this was exactly my original point with the CB line, I totally agree it has certainly stood the test of time in the fashion world.

But the CB line won't stand the test of time like say the mono which will always be 'in' - there will come a time - in a few years - when people will be like - what's with the smiley flower faces? There are a few other lines (which I won't mention here) that I already look at and think - that is so 90's or early this decade.Of course if you love it - who cares - I was just making an arguement for the other way.

I am sorry I completly disagree too. As Label pointed out this is already 4 years old and people are still crazy for it. Everytime I use mine I get a ton of compliments....and if I wear it in the store not only the SAs go crazy over it, but I hear customers asking their SAs for it.

It is so cute and fresh, and that it never going to change. That it is not longer available only increases my love for it!

This semi bothered me with the damier speedy. It was suuuuch a coveted item and sooooo many women spent way to much money having it SO'd and BAM! Mass production! Not cool LV, not cool. :tdown:

This is completly different....I actually think this is a good idea, when you SO something there is no guarantee it will not come out later. In this case it is LV listening to customers, which in my opinion is always a good thing, kwim.

But it is completly different when they say 'one shot' and then change the rules, that feels like fraud.

You are who you are , Matt. There's no need to try to get others' opinions here. It's a straight forward thread - if you are against reproduction, then you sign up here. Otherwise, don't worry about it. I am asking all Pfers to read before they sign up for this protest. There's nothing hidden or debatable.That's all.

:roflmfao:, all threads are open to debate and should be, that's what a forum is all about. You can't post something and say no dissenting opinions please...lol...

ok, now that I have commented on everyone elses comments...my 2 cents...

As discussed, there were a ton of pissed off people, myself included with MC became permanent. Neither the speedy nor the alma are my favorite shapes, yet I bought both, on the info that they were LE. I really think LV got the message when so many complained....and it cause huge contract issues with Murakami...they haven't done that for awhile...but now that that memory is fading it looks like they are poised to do it again...drats!

I do agree with Matt, they will probably do it very carefully...making minor changes, so they will be able to hold the 'integrity' of the 'one shot' statements. If mirior comes back it probably won't be any of the styles already released or they will alter the colors like the runway models we saw.

I agree that A DISCONTINUED RANGE SHOULD STAY DISCONTINUED.

Seasonal items usually cost 2 to 3 times more than the regular permanent ranges, like Perfo Speedy vs Mono Speedy, Dentelle BH vs Mono BH. I will certainly not pay that mark up for a permanent item.

I think this is very ironic as I think that partly due to LVs decision to reproduce/mass produce (75 page lookbook) is because of the demand ... generated from this forum. :smile: So if we can "temporarily" swear off LV, they will learn their lesson.

:roflmfao:, all threads are open to debate and should be, that's what a forum is all about. You can't post something and say no dissenting opinions please...lol...

Actually I had a good laugh too, I feel silly!! I am having my first ever chicken pox and it's itching like crazy!!! When the news of the possible relaunch of Millionaires started to lurk, I was really really mad :cursing:. Now still, but with the itching at its max now, I am more worried about leaving marks and scarring on myself than the relaunch :wtf:.

Still, the stand is this: If the Millionaires were to be relaunched, I will feel damn cheated.

We don't have control over what they will make permanent or what is to be released... yeah they may listen to what we have to say but in the end it proably won't matter when the demand is so HIGH and they know they can make huge profits... I understand that if LV read this thread, they would think wow, some 500 people or so are against this relaunch of w/e it is BUT our waitlists over pass 500 people @ say $1,050.00 a pair for millionaires which is the new price... there gonna go for the $$$$$$$$$

just know you got yours first... or boycot LV all together... I don't know what else you can do. Deal with it...

The Millionaires will be launched, I ordered mine 2 days ago :smile:

sorry...

I guess I didn't hink of the fact that a lot of LV owners are also LV collectors - I just see them as handbags and accessories but to those who collect it would make a big difference.

This is completly different....I actually think this is a good idea, when you SO something there is no guarantee it will not come out later. In this case it is LV listening to customers, which in my opinion is always a good thing, kwim.

But it is completly different when they say 'one shot' and then change the rules, that feels like fraud.

I totally agree with that!

Still, the stand is this: If the Millionaires were to be relaunched, I will feel damn cheated.

Hey Ginger! I totally understand you and if I were in your position, i'd be super mad too!:yes:
When I went to LV yesterday, your thread kept nagging me, so I made a complaint to one of our higher-uppers (she's my SA 2, but... I don't know her official position... maybe like an assistant manager? or something...) about mass production this year and rereleasing LE items, specifically I made an exmaple with Les Millionaires. Hopefully she'll pass the message upward and LV will do something about it soon.

PS: keep in mind that I was shaking the entire time! I don't wanna be blacklisted!!!!! LOL