When is it time to put the patents away--seasonally speaking?

I don't personally see patent as a seasonal texture.
Suede or velvet seems wintery, but everything else pretty much seems year 'round to me.

Yes...I agree w/Swanky. Actually, Chanel has a really nice black patent leather bag for Fall 2007 (maybe a Pre-fall) and it's a really funky. It almost looks like a clutch as well. I posted pics of it...I have it already.

i hope it's year round i just got 2 patent bags! i agree that suede is winter/fall. i think wool is too. patent worries me for summer a little as i think maybe it will be sticky? but i'm going to try anyway! lol.

You can use it year round but it is in for just only a period of time and will be out due to the fashion cycle. Anyway, Chanel is classic no matter what it is a patent or not.

ITA with Jenn and Swanky, patent, especially Chanel patent, is something I consider to be year round and classic. That being said, if I owned a white patent bag, I might not carry that in the winter haha, but pretty much any other color is fair game! :smile: I have two patents - navy patent e/w (which I think is great with jeans, and I wear jeans year round), and a rose patent flap (which I might not wear as much in the winter, but it depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing)! :smile:

my two are not classic patent but the diamond shines which are more like caviar patent which is a little less shiny i think. but i also got patent shoes recently...

I think it is year round... especially a bag that is so dark.
You can use it year round but it is in for just only a period of time and will be out due to the fashion cycle.
Patent has been around forever, how can it go in and out of style? :shrugs: