When is Adyen taking over Ebay?

Fullcloset

Mar 2, 2016
Does anyone know when Adyen is taking over Ebay? I have no intention of putting any personal or financial information on Ebay or allowing Ebay/Adyen access to my account so I want to take down the few listings I have left before then. I don't want to sell something then find out I can't get paid because I won't participate in Ebay's new seller requirements. Thanks.

Does anyone know when Adyen is taking over Ebay? I have no intention of putting any personal or financial information on Ebay or allowing Ebay/Adyen access to my account so I want to take down the few listings I have left before then. I don't want to sell something then find out I can't get paid because I won't participate in Ebay's new seller requirements. Thanks.
Sounds like something I should know about...?

They are enrolling a lot of sellers in July. They send a notification when you need to sign up. I believe they want the majority of sellers enrolled by the end of 2020.

As for giving account info to Ebay - a lot of sellers simple opened a free or cheap checking account just for this purpose.

They are enrolling a lot of sellers in July. They send a notification when you need to sign up. I believe they want the majority of sellers enrolled by the end of 2020.

As for giving account info to Ebay - a lot of sellers simple opened a free or cheap checking account just for this purpose.
what's the difference between giving account info to eBay v.s. giving account info to PayPal? People think PP holds a higher standard? eBay started PP. They are all same poison from the same tree!

Reactions: qubed
Thank you. Its more about the fact I don't trust ebay - they've proven over the years to be less then forthright and they use oversees workers and have gotten hacked several times already. They pay you a month after the sales and take money for returns - when they decide to issue a return - the same month right from your account but then take shipping from paypal so its just too much paperwork trying to keep track of what funds they are taking from your account. They actually use Adyen and your money goes through ebay accounts. Too many unreliable sources having my social and bank accounts. I also don't use Etsy for that reason. I can use paypal without giving up my social or a credit card.

Good to know about the upcoming changes - I am glad, as I’ve been looking for a reason to close my eBay and Paypal accounts for a while. Whew, another bullet dodged!

Reactions: BeenBurned
what's the difference between giving account info to eBay v.s. giving account info to PayPal? People think PP holds a higher standard? eBay started PP. They are all same poison from the same tree!
Well, I gave Paypal the info years ago, without really thinking about. I thought about it now and prefer not to give Ebay the same info. BTW. I got a message from them (blinking red on my Selling page) that they need more info to verify my bank account (I uploaded a statement). Funny how other sites I am selling on did not need to verify anything just made deposits into my account... I think I made the right choice not giving them our main checking account.

Reactions: resplendent