When is a reasonable time to wait before doing a chargeback?

kristie

"H" is for horses?
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
I bought an expensive saddle ($2200) on EBay from a new seller. The auction ended on 11/23 and I paid via Paypal after the seller and I exchanged a few emails regarding shipping. I have been attempting to contact the seller via phone and emails since my payment and it is like she fell off the face of the earth since receiving my payment.

I have repeatedly asked for my tracking number and for her to contact me. I have called her and left her a massage and nada response.

I just have a bad feeling about this.....what is an acceptable time of waiting before doing a chargeback when you have not received the item AND the seller cut off all contact?? TIA!

Also, she only lives about an hour and a half from me, so the saddle would be here within 2 days at the most even with snail mail at this time of year.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

nataliam1976

Nov 14, 2006
i dont think you need to do a chargeback, file claim with paypal and i am sure they will side with you.

emald37

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Since it has only been about 4 days, I would wait a little longer. Maybe the seller has been out-of-town for Thanksgiving and has not received your messages. You could also try contacting them by filing a dispute in Paypal. I think this will still freeze any funds in the account.