When is a bag considered vintage???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just wanted to know cuz I've seen people say that their LV bag is "vintage"...What is the criteria for such a title?

I know the Speedy mono I just bought was made in 95, or at least the bag says "SP 0995", So I am assuming that is was made September 1995?Is my bag vintage, or is it not old enough?I mean I'm not complaining,lol, I LOVE vintage stuff and the bag is in great condition....I just wanna know what category to put my bag in?Do I say it's a vintage Speedy 30 or Just a Speedy 30,lol.

2. For me when I think vintage I think 20+ years for a bag. But that is JMO.

3. To me when something is 15+ years old OR LV has discontinued the model, one or the other.

4. I would consider a bag "vintage" if it were made by the French Co.

5. anything prior to 1985.....jmo

6. i dont think it has to be discontinued because there are many vintage speedys, keepalls, and steamers etc

7. Interesting, but l think John, might have nailed it.....made by French Co x

8. Just a thought, my Chanel xl jumbo is 92/94 at thats called Vintage.....??????

9. I don't think there's a hard and fast rule. I'd call a bag vintage if it was 15+ years old or a discontinued item that wasn't seasonal or part of a limited run.

10. vintage comes from the french "vingt ans d'age" : 20 years of age

11. yep, I consider 20+ to be vintage.

12. I agree, 15 to 20 years would be considered vintage and especially French Co. items.

If you own anything prior to French Co., you should guard with your life!! LOL!

13. ITA :tup: or over 20 yrs old

14. I love vintage bags.. and I agree that it must be over 20 years old to be vintage.

15. i dont have a personal opinion on what makes a bag vintage...but wanted to mention that the bag u have was made in the 9th week of '95...its week and year. congrats!