When has the RM obsession gone too far?

My fiance is on a truck forum!!!!!!!!! I laughed so hard when he told me. It was extra funny since he always busts my chops about tpf. We have that kind of relationship though. It doesn't turn into fights. Now I get to use on him all those snarky forum comments he used on me! Best. Day. Ever!!!!!!!

I was much worse when I first fell for RM a few years ago though. Now I guess my priorities are elsewhere. Or the novelty has worn off.

I can definitely relate. Problem is my DH is big saver...he doesn't spend on hardly anything. I'm just not that way! So I can't really compare my handbag buying to his spending habits. He also doesn't really have hobbies. He works all the time and hangs out with the kids. Unless you call household projects a hobby, but he always argues that those benefit the whole family.

My fiance is on a truck forum!!!!!!!!! I laughed so hard when he told me. It was extra funny since he always busts my chops about tpf. We have that kind of relationship though. It doesn't turn into fights. Now I get to use on him all those snarky forum comments he used on me! Best. Day. Ever!!!!!!!

I was much worse when I first fell for RM a few years ago though. Now I guess my priorities are elsewhere. Or the novelty has worn off.
This is funny because I was talking with my DD's BF yesterday and he said he was on a truck forum too!! He knew what "threads" were !!!

yes there is a site that guys talk about fishing, what they caught, and the spots that are getting the most hits for fish. I see that as being the same as a purse forum

that is funny, I must make sure my husband never learns of this site!!

he has all his places marked on his GPS and then backed up on a spread sheet, and these are like FBI secrets to him, he shares them with no one

Ha, these posts are great! Yes, (most) guys are of a different breed than girls. My guy has just accepted my handbag obsession as a 'girl thing' and he leaves it at that. Much the same way I accept his tech gadget obsession as a 'guy thing' and leave it at that. My closet is filled with purses; the coffee table/family room is filled with remotes, stray cable wires and unidentifiable (to me anyway) widgets. I must say that he is good with knowing my designer handbag brands and leather types and even has a few 'favorites' he comments on when I wear them. Too bad I can't say the same for my knowledge of his tech gear.... not any real moment in time I can say "Wow, that's a great cable converter connector setter-upper thingamajingy you've got goin' on there honey", lol.

Whoa whoa whoa wait just a minute!!

I was so guilty only thinking of my TPF time I conveniently forgot about my darling DH!

So you ladies have men who :heart: fishing and truck forums!?

Not my DH (although he does love fishing, hunting, trucks) but he is into guns, and big time! He's also on a gun forum and spends A LOT of time online, researching this gun mount or that gun sight or trying to figure out if he should paint his gun black or urban cammo or desert cammo.

So I guess in our home, bags = guns

I'm pretty lucky. My DH doesn't care how many bags I buy. In fact, if I am hesitant to get one, he tells me to go ahead and get it because he knows it will make me happy.

it's gone too far... when you've downloaded both songs from the rebecca minkoff preview commercials on youtube.

LOL - I LOVE that song for the spring preview vid!

My bf and I have definitely gotten into some big fights about bags. I told him it's just my thing and he should be happy I'm not obsessed with diamonds or something like that. He still doesn't understand, yet I catch him checking music tech forums CONSTANTLY. And now MY desk has two giant speakers, a soundboard thing, a baby USB piano, and a gigantic microphone stand right next to it.

The funny thing is, he SWORE he would NEVER EVER buy me a bag - but guess what I got for V-day from him? :graucho: