When everyone else has a particular Coach bag...

Where I live, hardly anyone even knows what Coach is! I say a lady at work carrying the same Carly as me, but in the Chocolate! I went to approach her but she was so cold and kind of a push-off really, so I didn't say anything. Oh well...that could have been something nice to share!!

I used to go to a lot of effort to find more unusual or LE bags because I didn't want to look like everyone else. Now that I am older, wiser, and busier, I tend to gravitate more to function than form. For example, everybody and her sister has a Carly in my area, but I really want one too!! Preferably in Chili. Oh, I'm such a lemming:P.

Possible tangent here, but I had a funny situation with the VP at my new job (who is my boss). She and I were called last minute to a meeting downtown so we decided to carpool. Neither of us was dressed in "meeting" attire b/c it was Friday and we didn't have anything with external vendors scheduled, so we thought.

But, we decided to carpool. We both met up in our lobby and she looked and me and said "oh god, we've got the same bag," as if that was a problem...She had a khaki sig Hamptons hobo and I had my b&w sig chelsea satchel so it wasn't REALLY the same. Keep in mind I'm really new at my job and I'm just starting to rotate more of my bags at work everyday so this was the first time anyone commented and I was a little like uh oh...but in the end it was no big deal. Hey, maybe down the road she & I can go Coach shopping together.

I do see alot of signature Carly's here in NYC = both real and fake. I have only seen three or four leather ones. I really love the Carly in leather and did just purchase a chocolate leather one. I love it and it totally rocks! I can't wait to carry it.:yahoo:

Hmm, I still find it interesting that I still haven't seen anyone else around where I live carrying a Carly. And it's not that I live in the middle of nowhere. The mall I go to has very upscale stores like Coach, LV, Burberry, Gucci, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus, and believe me, I see A LOT of people carrying Coach. In fact, it's probably the most ubiquitous brand of bag people carry. And I see all the styles.... but no Carlys. Wonder why?

I never really thought about it...but I will admit that I noticed 6 signature stripe totes while out at dinner on Friday night--5 khaki and one denim. And this was in a small town!

I wasn't planning on buying one before, but after seeing all of those, I doubt I ever will plan to!

I'll stick with my brown siggy Legacy pieces, thank you very much!