When "eh " turns into "oh!"

Arizabif

Mar 26, 2012
Months ago, I purchased a black gathered leather Abigail during one of the factory online sales. This had to be back jn July, because it was my bday present to myself. I took it out once, but felt very "eh " about it. I almost sold it a few times, almost gave it away this Christmas, but I held back because I spent so much on it. I finally decided to give it one more try before giving up and listing on ebay and now? I really like it! I keep looking over at it, and thinking how nice the gathered leather looks. Maybe it was the wrong season before for it to be love? Maybe black gathered leather was too much for summer. Either way, I like it very much and will keep her. She is relaxing and breaking in nicely.

Anyone else have a bag that at first they said "eh ", but later on said "oh!" and gre to love?

Lol, it's happened to me. I always leave the tags on a new purchase and keep going over to peek at it to make sure I'm still excited. I still haven't cut the tags off my black Isabelle because I'm not sure if I like it better than leather. I refuse to own both!...in black! I'm glad you like it now. Gathered leather is so nice!

Months ago, I purchased a black gathered leather Abigail during one of the factory online sales. This had to be back jn July, because it was my bday present to myself. I took it out once, but felt very "eh " about it. I almost sold it a few times, almost gave it away this Christmas, but I held back because I spent so much on it. I finally decided to give it one more try before giving up and listing on ebay and now? I really like it! I keep looking over at it, and thinking how nice the gathered leather looks. Maybe it was the wrong season before for it to be love? Maybe black gathered leather was too much for summer. Either way, I like it very much and will keep her. She is relaxing and breaking in nicely.

Anyone else have a bag that at first they said "eh ", but later on said "oh!" and gre to love?

The black gathered Abigail is tdf and one of my favorites. If I buy a bag out of season, I wait to cut the tags and use it until the time comes around because it just seems so much nicer then.

It happened with two bags for me.

Both were deletes at the outlet.

First was large python sophia. I bought it because it was an AMAZING price and liked it but didn't love it. The SA told me just to bring it home and think it over. I ended up absolutely loving it. I later sold it because I was afraid it was too delicate, but I regret it.

Second was the Poppy Metallic Leather Glam in Anthracite. I bought it because the leather felt amazing but I wasn't in love with the look of it. I put it up for sale but it wasn't selling so I took it down and just decided to try it out again. Now it's in my top 5!

I purchased the black gathered abigail as well and it was September. I waited until October to use it and have been in love since with this bag.
She is freakin gorgeous and comfortable and a classy bag to carry.
You should carry her proudly, many ladies would die to buy this bag and they are all gone now from outlet and FOS.
So enjoy yours :biggrin:
Here is mine with my gathered wallet.

GATHEREDABIGAIL.jpg

Arizabif said:

This makes me want one now!!

I was like this with my Ocelot Marielle! I saw this bag at my FP store and was like "oooo ocelot!" Then I tried it on and was disappointed that it had no zipper! Then I was like eh it's that satin feeling fabric. I don't want it......then I left for my Vegas/L.A vacation for almost a month and the WHOLE TIME I couldn't get that bag out of my head! So once I got back I went to the FP store and long and behold the bag was gone! Luckily the SA was able to find me a bag and had it shipped. I had it shipped to the store b/c I didn't want my futurehubby to see a package at my door!! I picked up the bag and opened it in mg car...I was like "REALLY!...eh" then maybe after a couple days I used it and TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE! I won't let myself get rid of this bag! I haven't seen another one like this and I love it!

Ps..sorry for my long story :/

image-3855284463.jpg

I had the same experience with the Laila in the shell colour. The entire time the Kristin line was out, I was "eh" about the shell colour. When they were deleted, I tried out a couple of Laila's and non of them were love. At the end of the Kristin hype at the outlet, when only a few were left, there was only one Laila left on the shelves in shell. I bought it on impulse and after a few weeks, it was love. She is now my all time favourite Coach bag in my collection.

image-2962114129.jpg

I was like this with my Ocelot Marielle! I saw this bag at my FP store and was like "oooo ocelot!" Then I tried it on and was disappointed that it had no zipper! Then I was like eh it's that satin feeling fabric. I don't want it......then I left for my Vegas/L.A vacation for almost a month and the WHOLE TIME I couldn't get that bag out of my head! So once I got back I went to the FP store and long and behold the bag was gone! Luckily the SA was able to find me a bag and had it shipped. I had it shipped to the store b/c I didn't want my futurehubby to see a package at my door!! I picked up the bag and opened it in mg car...I was like "REALLY!...eh" then maybe after a couple days I used it and TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE! I won't let myself get rid of this bag! I haven't seen another one like this and I love it!

View attachment 2008338
I am soooo in love with that bag!!

I purchased the black gathered abigail as well and it was September. I waited until October to use it and have been in love since with this bag.
She is freakin gorgeous and comfortable and a classy bag to carry.
You should carry her proudly, many ladies would die to buy this bag and they are all gone now from outlet and FOS.
So enjoy yours :biggrin:
Here is mine with my gathered wallet.

GATHEREDABIGAIL.jpg

Thanks, lucydee! Now that I have her, I keep thinkkng I should go back and get one in tuberose. There always seem to be a few on ebay. Do you have that color?

Your gathered wallet is pretty ;)

View attachment 2008338

sandy, I love your bag! I have not seen this bag anywhere so its a Gem!
So happy you decided to keep it :biggrin:
Love her!

Thanks, lucydee! Now that I have her, I keep thinkkng I should go back and get one in tuberose. There always seem to be a few on ebay. Do you have that color?

Your gathered wallet is pretty ;)

I would love to get tuberose in gathered leather but I have not seen them at my outlets. Only on ebay and I don't want to pay those high prices.
Enjoy your gathered abigail!

Oh..wow! Love that bag!