When Ebay takes down listings?

irene83

O.G.
Mar 14, 2011
I just recently started selling on ebay, so I don't have much experience with how it works.

However, I recently had one of my postings from ebay taken down, for vague reasons related to trademark law.

The story is-- I used to own one of those slender tone belts (duh, I know.. it's stupid and they don't work), purchased some replacement pads directly from the seller, but then my belt broke down. So I was left with these replacement pads that cost me around $50, so I thought it would be a good idea to list them on ebay and get rid of them.

Anyways, I got an email from ebay that my listing was taken down for trademark violation. Someone reported me that I was using "slender tone" in the title, and basically that I was selling "counterfeits." Strange.

I understand if they accused me of not being authorized to sell Slendertone items, but it was strange that they said I was selling "counterfeit." I was completely taken aback and I don't really want to get blacklisted by ebay or anything....so I'm trying to figure out what the logic is.

Did this happen to anyone? How are the sellers supposed to know what they can list without violating the trademark law? It seems like obviously most clothes/accessory related items are fine here..