WHEN do you wash your face?

aly2016

Jul 13, 2016
I know it's a standard to wash your face morning and night. BUT is it bad for your skin if you wash your face NOON (12-1PM) and NIGHT(9pm-10PM) instead. I don't need to leave the house until past noon and i return home before 10pm (which is when i normally have my night skin care routine.) Is it bad to have your face accumulate oil and dirt that long overnight and through the whole morning? And your 'day' skin care products only get to sit on your skin for so little time?
The reason i've been trying to whole off on washing my face until noon is because i heard people said that you should wash your face before put on makeup, and I don't need to put on make up until 1:30PM.

A few years ago I switched my morning routine to wash my face with warm water only - came after reading about how lots of cleaning products can actually mess up your skin balance and cause you to be more oily. I say if you don't feel oily and aren't breaking out, there's no reason why you need to adhere to the 'standard' face washing routine.

I actually only wash my face with cleanser at night, I have dry and sensitive skin. My dermatologist recommended me to only wash at night and in the morning just "wash" my skin with warm water. I guess it depends on your skin type. I would try to avoid any harsh cleansers if you're washing you face two times a day.

Reactions: Parisluxury
I wash my face in the morning before putting on my makeup and again at night before I go to bed.. I also wash my face before and after the gym .... The exact time I was my face depends largely on my day/schedule

I used to wash at night to remove makeup and oil, and only used water in the morning. However, I saw an aesthetician who gasped when I said I only use water in the morning. She said Demodex mites come out at night and feed off sebum/dead skin on your face, leaving their...waste behind. She said I should use cleanser in the morning as well for this reason. I was grossed out, but I have yet to do more research on this. So far I've seen some articles that say Demodex can be more prevalent in rosacea, acne, and oily skin types. I have oily acne prone skin. Yikes!

I use a cleanser in the morning& a balm at night with a second cleanse. This has been working well for my dry sensitive skin
I also use an exfoliant when needed & same for a masque. When I am using which I like is a mask sheet 3 x a week
&it helps with hydration

I used to wash at night to remove makeup and oil, and only used water in the morning. However, I saw an aesthetician who gasped when I said I only use water in the morning. She said Demodex mites come out at night and feed off sebum/dead skin on your face, leaving their...waste behind. She said I should use cleanser in the morning as well for this reason. I was grossed out, but I have yet to do more research on this. So far I've seen some articles that say Demodex can be more prevalent in rosacea, acne, and oily skin types. I have oily acne prone skin. Yikes!

She didn't do you any favors by telling you that disgusting factoid. I'm sure most people are aware that all humans carry various microscopic parasites but we prefer not to dwell on it for obvious reasons. Use cleanser in the morning if that works better for your skin or if you have rosacea, but don't do it just because your aesthetician used scare tactics.

I regularly wash my face every morning and every evening, when removing makeup, before going to bed... Sometimes, I wash it during the day, just with some water or gentle soap, if it's hot outside and I sweat a lot.

Morning and night! I usually use a cleansing balm in the morning. It seems to really keep my skin hydrated while still getting rid of gross dead skin. Sometimes I'll just use a micellar water before bed though.