When do you use your jumbo flap?

SHHMOM

Feb 13, 2013
USA
When do you use your jumbo flap? I find it too large for formal events. I have been using for more informal dinners or events but not really as an everyday bag. I am wondering when and how everyone uses theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

kittymoomoo

Nov 10, 2013
san francisco, ca.
I've had mine for 2 months, and I use it to go shopping and dinners out. I love the strap length it makes it easy over the shoulder while shopping. I don't carry alot just the basic wallet, keys, phone, so it's not too heavy. I absolutely LOVE the look and feel of my jumbo. I reach for it every chance I get !!!

*schmoo*

Jul 27, 2008
I just pick a bag for the day and use it wherever, including grocery shopping, casual or fine dining, the cinema, etc.

daisydai

Mar 14, 2012
When do you use your jumbo flap? I find it too large for formal events. I have been using for more informal dinners or events but not really as an everyday bag. I am wondering when and how everyone uses theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app
Had the black Jumbo carviar with SHW for more than a year...honestly, never take her out. Too heavy for me. I purchased it at $4900, now $5500 already, so I did not feel to resell it. Now it is sitting on my shelf. Using the CC crave bag and French RIvera more though

MyLuxuryDiary

Aug 28, 2013
I use mine for special occasions..even though I did not buy her for that, I have to stop babying my bags so much :sad: but now that I bought my m/l python flap I will hopefully be propelled to use my jumbo caviar more casually :smile:

nycmamaofone

Jul 26, 2013
Everywhere (shopping, appointments, shows, eating out) EXCEPT 1) work (too small and too flashy although I do take my GST there) and 2) activities with my child (play dates, most museums, amusement park) because I don't want to ruin it (I only bring bags I can drape on the stroller or wear all day like a WOC) and because it's too heavy for all day. In the summer I have to be careful because I wear a lot of sunblock and don't want it to rub off on the bag.

MapleLuxe

Nov 30, 2013
As long as it's not raining.. I use it as a day bag almost every day if I am not going through a hermes phase. I travel with it too. I use it for casual nights.. but for date night or something special that's when it stays home. But if it was pizza or cinema with the girls it comes along!

thay

O.G.
Dec 22, 2009
i have a maxi flap and i use it whenever i like - on any given day, so if i'm running errands, going to yoga, out to dinner, it's with me - i actually find it harder to use my m/l flap, i just can't seem to fit even my basics, shades, blackberry and tiny tiny wallet... - since they are both lambskin, if it's raining out - then i wouldn't choose those as options for the day.

calflu

Apr 3, 2012
Ban Island
+1

Don't be afraid to use your Chanel.

Here are the designer bags that I spotted this weekend at local super market (not whole food and this is not Beverly Hills or NYC uptown)

For what I can remember:

LV: various mono canvas, epi or DE totes...completely lost count

Celine: Luggage totes

Chanel: easy caviar, jumbo, WOCs and m/l

Hermes: Lindy

(You can see I just go around paying attention to ppl's bags).

I just pick a bag for the day and use it wherever, including grocery shopping, casual or fine dining, the cinema, etc.

Une_passante

Sep 22, 2013
Same here except the jumbo doesn't go to any fine dining but I also use it for work ( I don't need to carry files or a laptop) so it works out fine.
Hope you get to enjoy your bag more.

Luv iz Louis

Jul 22, 2012
Australia
Jumbo for shopping days out but admit that even though I only pack light she does get heavy after a full day out just from the weight of the chains alone.

I find it is too big to take out to dinner though to sit on the knee.
Just brought a WOC for dinners out.

tm3

Dec 11, 2013
Everywhere! I use it primarily as a day bag, for shopping, trips, casual evenings up etc. it's definitely one of my most used bags.