When do you turn your TV off?

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Was thinking about this today, and thought it would be an interesting question to ask you all:

- When you leave the room for a few minutes?

- When you go to bed?

- When you leave home?

- Not at all?

- etc.

I'm the type of person that will leave the TV on for a while, even if I'm not in the room. IDK, maybe I'm wasteful? lol. Also, if I'm home alone I usually have the TV going...I don't like to be at home when it's all quiet :smile:

If I'm leaving the room for a few minutes I usually leave the TV on then I'll get side tracked by something & end up leaving it on for like a hour. But if I know I'm gonna be gone long & before bed I always turn it off. The same for lights. I do listen to music on the radio when I go to sleep though.

No, not if I am going to come back to it.

- When you go to bed?
Yes, I need quiet and dark to sleep. I can't sleep with the TV on, unless DH is watching it with the volume turned way down in another room.

- When you leave home?
Absolutely, I never leave the TV (or lights on) when I leave the house.

I turn it off when I go to bed - I need QUIET to sleep! And also when leave the house. I used to cat-sit for a friend who would leave hers on constantly when she went out of town so it "sounded" like people were home. I don't know how effective this is.

If I leave the room for a few minutes I leave it on. Sometimes I go upstairs to do email or other things and forget it's still on!

-When you leave the room for a few minutes?
No, even if I know I wont be back for a while
- When you go to bed?
Yes right before I go to bed
- When you leave home?
Yes, I always turn off all lights and the tv when I leave home.

My living room TV goes off only at night when I am going to bed, unless someone else is up. But, the DVR on it makes it turn off at 1 am or so, so, if we fall asleep to the TV, it auto turns off lol.
Nope lol
- When you go to bed?
I'll fall asleep to the TV in my room sometimes, so, yes and no.
- When you leave home?
Never. We leave everything on. It's really rare my family turns the TV, and lights, off when we leave the house.

I leave it on if I'm going elsewhere in the house for a few minutes. Sometimes, I leave it on if I'm alone in the house and doing chores. It just makes the place seem less empty.

At night, I watch the late night talk shows on the TV in my bedroom. When I start to feel sleepy, I set the timer and go to sleep. I can't fall asleep in dead silence because I'll keep myself awake with my thoughts.

I don't leave the TV on when leaving the house.

nikki213 said:
I leave the tv on all night. I have trouble sleeping when it's off.
Me, too . . . too much silence at night freaks me out. What I'll do is put the tv on 'sleep' mode and then set a two hour timer (sometimes :shame: ) but since it's on REALLY quietly, if I accidentally leave it on I don't wake up to the tv blaring. I'll just hear it faintly in the background.

Trouble is, sometimes what's on tv will be integrated into my dreams. (When ******* won the second election, I remember asking my dad at breakfast was I dreaming, or did they ban bear traps? My dad said that no, I wasn't dreaming, that they did ban bear traps. I think I was half awake listening to that at the time.)

I almost never have the tv on. I turn it on in the morning to watch the news. I will turn it on to watch a particular show, but then off.

My kids on the other hand, will turn on mtv etc and leave it on -- even if they leave the house! It drives me nuts.

It all depends. But the one thing I am set on is falling asleep with the TV on.. it drives Vlad crazy. He needs complete silence but I could sleep all night with it on. If I wake up and it seems loud I'll shut it off- but it is the easiest way for me to fall asleep.

I will turn it off when I leave the house though almost always... if I remember :amuse: