When do you start to age???

KC1984

Mar 3, 2008
My friend turns 30 on Saturday......she's really beautiful but she thinks she's starting to look old, she thinks she's starting to fill out, thinks she's getting wrinkles & grey hair's.

She has got a few grey hair's but nothing major, I can't see any wrinkles or extra weight....it's got me thinking though...

I'm only 24 & have just started to enjoy my looks ...not in a big headed way but have grown out of the insecure stage & feel happy with my "lot" I know 24's still young but have I really only got 6 secure years?

I know it's personal but when / if did you start to notices "changes" & what came first?

I noticed my first grey hair on my 29th birthday. But so far it's really the only thing. I know someone who is 26 and has pretty deep wrinkles under her eyes, actually I think that's a product of living in the south and being exposed to sun all the time. I'm now more obsessed with spf than ever before.

You always age, it's just when does that aging go from 'young' looking to 'mature' looking. And for some, the more mature look is actually more beautiful. The only times it's 'obvious' to me that someone is aging poorly is when A. aging prematurely due to smoking, sun, harsh life (Amy Winehouse) or when someone refuses to age and tries to dress too young and sexy, (Pamela Anderson).

To answer yoru question, from birth, lol!

I'm 35. No gray hairs as of yet, at least, not that I can find. I definately have stepped up on the skin care in the last few years. I have a few spots and little lines... but that's it. I wear SPF daily... heck, I won't open the windows without it!

It very much depends on heredity and the lifestyle a person has led. Sun exposure, smoking, drug use and excessive partying can age a person very quickly. Not that a person has to live like a nun, but sunscreen and avoiding smoking can do a lot to prevent aging.

But a lot of wrinkles and sagging has to do with heredity, too. And we notice things on ourselves before anyone else sees them. I am quite bothered by a few spots on my face from sun exposure, but no one else can see them. I didn't really start to notice aging in myself until about 35. I actually noticed that I lost the babyfat in my face, so it is thinner. I have more sun spots, although I haven't noticed wrinkles yet. I have a few grey hairs, but they aren't very obvious and hair color takes care of that quickly!

There are plenty of women who look great into their 50's and beyond! They may notice their aging, but to think that your "prime" is over at 30 is ridiculous.

I'm just weeks away from 36, and I think I look better now than I did in my twenties! No gray hair, no wrinkles.

Just enjoy your life and how you look! Don't worry about when you might start to age. In fact, worrying ages you, so just enjoy yourself! ;)

I turn 40 in April. I have def noticed a huge difference in my skin and hair. My hair has alot more grey and it feels waay drier. I need to have my hair colored more often to cover the grey. I started to notice I was getting older at about 35. My skin around my mouth is getting tiny lines around it. I have stepped up the facial creams and sunscreen. I have never smoked,but when I was a teenager I spent time in the sun.My hands have a few small freckles on them. I need to find a good anti-age hand creme!

I had an english lit teacher who one day brought the whole class down by proceeding to tell us that once we are conceived, we begin to age! He further elaborated that once we are born, our bodies begin to degenerate/deteriorate.
That lecture left such an impression on me that I never pondered much about aging again. I changed the argument in my head to "when do we begin to lose a passion for life"? Because of this mindset, I believe we are constantly aging all our life and the outside appearance is inconsequential and based on lifestyle and genetics. My goal now is to never obsess about something I can't control and focus on what I can control - my passion for life. That will keep anyone eternally young.
I apologize but I've been so introspective this morning....good tea.

So much is in the genes, very true. I really don't buy into skin care products. OK, if it makes you feel better and makes dry skin less itchy, but trying to turn back the clock? I would rather spend my money more wisely.

you start to age when you stop looking after yourself, so any age. If you tan too much over time it will start aging you...

my sister is 11 years younger then me and she as been asked if she'd the oldest... She smokes, and tans a lot. Doesnt wear sunscreen when out... and doesnt use moisturizer.

Its funny that you mention this, because over the last few months, I have noticed a lot of changes going on within my body. I'll be 38 in July. I am getting more gray hair, my metabolism is slowing down to the point that I dont have anywhere near the energy I used to have and I am starting to gain a little bit of weight because of it, my skin is changing and I am seeing more wrinkles/lines/sun spots, etc. I sure hope that it doesnt get much worse because I'm not liking this new me. lol I never used to have to diet or work out and now I am having to keep up on it. Ugghh.

I am 43 (almost 44 in April) and from what people have told me, I look like I'm in my 30s. I get carded ALL the time and it pisses my husband off since he is only 2 years older than me.

I hate to say it because with all of the plastic surgery and botox out there, it's genetics. My mom was the SAME way. She didn't start looking "old" until she was in her late 60s—no kidding. She is now 72 and is starting to look a lot older.

And sadly, I spent most of my life in the sun or a tanning bed—I'm embarrassed to admit, but so far, knock on wood, it hasn't affected my skin/wrinkles. I'm half Italian so I attribute it to that, as well. but I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, and I don't drink a lot either. I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle but I still think it's mostly your genes.

I think I am lucky because I have really good skin and since I dye my roots, I don't have to worry about the gray hair thing.

I have crows feet under my eyes, but nothing major.

I guess it all depends on their genes.