When do you know its time to say bye! Do you go 'off' your bags?

I have sold classics and really regretted it later. (altho at the time, I thought I was done with them)
:biggrin: Sounds like me! I change my mind so often I think I am done with you for good! Once its getting packed to its new owner I'm having doubts then after its posted I realise whether I'll miss is or not its either a 'what have I done!' - or I feel relieved :smile:

I go off of bags all the time, and have learned not to sell them unless they don't work for me functionally.
Case in point: I have a 2009 grey reissue camera bag that I hunted high and low for and finally found in new condition on eBay (yes, I got it authenticated here). Wore it a lot at first, then sporadically, then put in in its box where it stayed for several months. I hardly gave it another thought. Just pulled it out again after a period of time of carrying heavy, full tote bags and LOVE it!

It you still like the bag but just aren't feeling the love right now, pack it away and pay attention to your other bags for a while, nothing wrong with that. But I agree with those that say Don't sell. Especially with the classics -- if you regret it later on, who knows how high the price will be then?
:biggrin: 'if you aren't feeling the love right now' - exactly how I'm feeling! Couldn't have put it better myself! Glad your bag worked out for you!

I agree with everyone...don't sell. You will regret it down the line. At the very least hang on to it for a few years and if you decide that you really don't want it anymore sell then.... by then you will make more $ on it.
Yes, so true. This is why I will just hold on to it and if I still don't use it two years down the line I can sell for more God willing! It can only go up in price the longer I keep it :biggrin:

I sold my black classic m/l flap and have no regrets. It was my first Chanel and in mint condition but wasn't using it. I use my jumbo and reissues far more. I don't get sentimental about bags and just use what is practical for me. That being said if you think you might regret in the future don't let it go just yet because it will be more expensive in the future.
Happy it worked out for you hun! I think I'll take everyones advice and hold on to it. Not forgetting the idea of selling but willing to give the bag another chance :biggrin: and if I really do want to sell I can always sell it. But if I regret selling it will COST me dearly! :biggrin:

I am so scared of selling due to the prices increases, I'll regret it later! I wouldn't want to just hold on to it and never use it just because of the price as instead of losing out on a bit of money by selling, I'd be losing the whole price of the bag would be a loss if I don't use it.

The bag is in a seasonal classic colour :smile: It is the kind of patent looking caviar. It shines and looks like lambskin. Thats why I could not buy it again even if I wanted to. I sell all my bags that don't get used. I think because its my first flap and its in such a desirable colour, I am thinking twice about selling it.

That said I think I will take your advice and pack it away! It seems like such a good idea and makes so much sense! I'm on the hunt for a new flap and boy, I think maybe because I'm so into small bags atm I don't care for any other bag :biggrin: but all bags serve different purposes. I think I may fall back in love with it after not seeing it and I'll be able to just pull it out instead of regretting selling :biggrin:

The more you describe it, the more I think you will regret it if you sell it. Maybe not right away, but someday, you'll remember the beauty of that bag and feel some pain!

I think you're right to pack it away for now. You can always decide to sell it later. But who knows, you may open it back up at a later time, and it will feel like an old friend -- or like getting a whole new bag! :P